Zumba anyone?

Options
Has anyone tried Zumba? It looks like lots of fun for a group and really gets you moving. I am considering it.

Replies

• prettier_me
    prettier_me Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i'm actually going for the first time tomorrow! i'll let you know how it goes!
  • CoriMegs
    CoriMegs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome and SOOO MUCH FUN! great workout too!
  • theatr3geek
    Options
    LOVE ZUMBA. Sunday mornings :)
  • nicolawaite
    nicolawaite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i go to zumba twice a week and its great fun!! doesnt feel like exercise, just a good time with friends!! it really does change your body shape as it is a whole body work out.

give it a try and let me know

nikki
    xx
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Zumba!! It's so fun you don't feel like you're working out. I prefer a class/group setting, at home is boring for me. I need the loud music and enthusiam from everyone around me, plus I have become good friends with lots of the people in my class so we can laugh at each other when we can't quite get the moves just right :)
  • gjspiller
    gjspiller Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    omg, soooo much fun. i have the Wii version, just finished 45 minutes of it, and you get a nice workout. if you like dancing, especially to latin beats, this is the one for you! i'm planning on doing it 3 times a week and see what happens!

Guen

p.s.
    if you have the XBOX Kinect, it's probably better because you don't have to use a controller (it's attached to your waist in Wii)
  • BecciL
    BecciL Posts: 49
    Options
    Lots of fun , you should definitely do it !
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I do it twice a week at a dance studio, I love it!
  • sneakers71
    Options
    Zumba is the BEST! you forget you are working out and the moves make you feel good! Have fun with it and don't worry about not getting all the moves at first. I am no dancer, but I am absolutely addicted to it!
  • BecciL
    BecciL Posts: 49
    Options

p.s.
    if you have the XBOX Kinect, it's probably better because you don't have to use a controller (it's attached to your waist in Wii)

I have xbox kinect and I have been thinking about buying it , but I use Dance central as well , it has a workout mode on it , where it tells you time and calories burned
    =)
  • SveltSweetie
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA. I've taken live classes and resently purchased it for Wii. When I took the class, a friend of mine wore a calorimeter every class and in one session she burned a little over 1000 calories.
  • mistym1967
    Options
    Would love to try but can't find anyone in the area that offers it. :mad:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    If you have kinect get the dance central. The Zumba for kinect hasn't had great reviews...I do zumba (DVD's from zumba.com) as a warm up before i do kinect "your shape" and i love it...yeah I feel kind of foolish wigglin' in my basement by myself, but after awhile you just rock out. I've never been to a class but I hear they're awesome. and yes you do burn TONS of calories...don't forget your HRM
  • SKismet
    SKismet Posts: 137
    Options
    I've thought about it quite a few times, but I've always been really nervous, because I'm not very good at picking up dance steps. Are there levels of it, or do class members just tend to be understanding if new people don't pick it up quickly?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    The studio I go to everyone is very understanding and the instructor breaks things down more when there are new people in class. The main thing is to get a good workout in and have fun even if you're not getting the steps just right :)
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    First Zumba class tonight - absolutely brilliant. The teacher was impossibly perky but sooo nice - she kept saying not to worry if you don't get it, just make it up, just keep moving, just enjoy yourself.

That said, most of the moves were not that complex - a few were!! But, on the whole not too difficult.

The big thing for me was that the emphasis was on FUN :smile:

Came out soaked!! But not exhausted - I felt the cool down could have been better so I took the dogs for a walk then a few stretches to hopefully avoid seizing up tomorrow.

Trying a difference class on Wednesday, hope that teacher is just as nice!!
  • chltlily
    Options
    LUV IT!!!!!
  • Eporter727
    Eporter727 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've got to try this out, I've heard so many good things. They offer a Zumba Gold for beginners and seniors at my Gym - I'm 55 and 80 lbs overweight so I guess I qualify - I'm going to go this week. I'll let you know how it goes~
  • pocketsam
    pocketsam Posts: 134
    Options
    I am a dance teacher (hip hop and street) and I started going to a Zumba class a few months back. Very fun, high energy and very repetitive which is very different from what I do but also means ANYBODY can pick it up! Great workout!

Separate note: I cant find 'zumba' in exercise though or street dance which I am sure burns much more than 'dance, aerobic, contemporary etc etc' Any suggestions for logging that?
  • Ingy5308
    Options
    I tried it once. Very intense and very fun!!!