What time do you weigh?

Options
tmbg1
tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
I've noticed that I weigh more in the morning than I do in the afternoon...often by as much as 3 pounds! What's up with that??? I used to hear that you should weigh in the morning, but all that does is depress me for the day since I always weigh less in the afternoon.
When do you weigh and why do you use that time?

Replies

• sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning as I tend to be lighter then and it's part of my morning routine.

But to be honest it doesn't matter what time you weigh yourself as long as you always weigh yourself at the same time, on the same scales in the same clothes (or no clothes), you will see the general patten.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning (after I have used the bathroom).
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Wake up, use bathroom, weigh in!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning.

Second thing in the morning. After using the bathroom.
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    But to be honest it doesn't matter what time you weigh yourself as long as you always weigh yourself at the same time, on the same scales in the same clothes (or no clothes), you will see the general patten.
    [/quote]

^^^ I agree with this.
    My preference is to weigh myself in the morning.
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I also weigh less later in day than first thing in morning. I weigh in at 10 or so.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Its doesn't matter as long as its the same time, same conditions every day. I weigh in the morning so that I'm weighing when my tummy is the most empty.

If seeing your weight fluctuations throughout the day is messing with your head, stop weighing multiple times a day.
  • watch_me_shinexo
    Options
    I also weigh in first thing in the morning, right after going to the bathroom but before breakfast. That will be your most accurate reading
  • JRich8389
    JRich8389 Posts: 9
    Options
    First thing Sunday morning. You're going to drive yourself crazy if you look at those numbers EVERY. SINGLE. DAY! So many things can affect your day-to-day weight that it isn't worth checking all the time. Bowl movements, water weight...etc. can change your weight by as much as 5 or 6 lbs so do yourself a favor and chop it to once a week.
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I weigh around 7 give or take after I go to the bathroom. Seems the best time to do it.
  • PandaFat2Fit
    PandaFat2Fit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm a weirdo. I weigh myself first thing in the morning and maybe 7 more times throughout the day haha. I just like seeing water food, water, exercise, etc, does to me.
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    6 am daily. I don't think time matters as much as consistency.
  • Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    I don't bother anymore, F that scale.
  • lovekohl
    lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I also weigh in first thing in the morning, right after going to the bathroom but before breakfast. That will be your most accurate reading

Yep. I always hop on the scale on my way to the shower.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after I use the bathroom. I either weigh naked or in underwear.

Consistency matters more than anything. And I know it's consistent in the morning because I haven't had anything to eat or drink yet.
  • patb987
    patb987 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Agreed ^
  • alyssasphone
    Options
    My weighing routine is to get up in the morning, wash my hands, put on my contacts, use the restroom, wash my hands again, put down the scale in the same exact spot as the day before and weigh myself a few times to ensure that I get the same result at least twice in a row for accuracy.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after using the restroom. I usually step on 3 separate times and take the average. Hope this helps!