5lbs weight gain over two weeks...

Options
So just two weeks ago I increased my calories from a deficit to around 2300-2500 calories a day. I work out everyday for about 45 minutes, and that's all in lifting or abdomine work. I used to weigh 158lbs at 6ft, now I'm at 163... So what I'm asking is: is it possible to gain 5lbs in two weeks? And could it be muscle, or have I gained fat -_-

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    definitely possible. it'll be a mixture of fat, muscle, and water if you just started lifting

youre going to gain fat while bulking, its unavoidable, the trick is to minimize it by lifting heavy and eating at a moderate surplus, no more than 500 cals above your TDEE
  • NagromXIV
    NagromXIV Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting since January but that was on a 1000 calorie deficit
  • BigT555
    Options
    I've been lifting since January but that was on a 1000 calorie deficit
    well if you went from 1000 cal deficit to a surplus then you will see a rapid weight gain, both from additional fat/muscle plus water weight from additional carb intake, as well as the food waste in your digestive tract
  • NagromXIV
    Options
    Sry I should rly say more xD, my deficit when I started was 1000, and before I upped it it was at 1800
  • BigT555
    Options
    Sry I should rly say more xD, my deficit when I started was 1000, and before I upped it it was at 1800
    now youre confusing me lol, did you eat 1000 (and then 1800) or did you eat 1000 (and then 1800) under your TDEE?
    basically if you up calories drastically you will gain some weight from water retention from the additional carbs, as well as weight from the additional food flowing through your digestive tract.
  • NagromXIV
    Options
    Okay, before I upped my calories to 2300ish I ate around 1800 daily and thx