Exercises for Belly Fat

Options
Hi everyone! I have PCOS and Insulin Resistance and store a majority of my fat in my belly area. It makes my body look dis proportioned since my legs are much smaller and lean. I want to lose the belly fat but find it incredibly hard. The weight seems to come off every where else but my stomach. Does anyone have any exercises that help with this?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    All exercises burn calories, but no exercise targets fat loss. So just follow the usual fat-loss plan of being in a calorie deficit, doing full-body strength training, plus some cardio. Keeping carbs low may help with PCOS & insulin resistance (metabolic syndrome).
    The belly is often the last to go.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    forkdowns, do 3 sets of 10 once you reach your daily calorie limit
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen and if you are like most of us where you want it to come off most will be the last place it will come from

keep it up and you will get there
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You can not dictate where your body burns fat from...you can't spot reduce. For the vast majority of people, belly fat is the last to go and the most difficult and stubborn area...the belly is primary fat stores for most people...first on, last off. The older you are, the more stubborn this is due to the fact that as you age, the body naturally wants to store more fat (if you look at acceptable BF% charts you will see that as you age, higher levels of BF are acceptable and healthy vs those same numbers on a much younger person.

All you can do is keep chipping away at it...keep moving...lift some weights...eat healthfully and in appropriate quantities.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    lol fork downs
  • dclady55
    dclady55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    BigT555, I am sitting here laughing at myself because after I read your post I wrote in my search engine, "what kind of exercise is a forkdown". I thought it might be a good one. Of course, when I saw the answers I laughed. I didn't catch on to what you meant by 'forkdown'. Good one!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You can not dictate where your body burns fat from...you can't spot reduce. For the vast majority of people, belly fat is the last to go and the most difficult and stubborn area...the belly is primary fat stores for most people...first on, last off. The older you are, the more stubborn this is due to the fact that as you age, the body naturally wants to store more fat (if you look at acceptable BF% charts you will see that as you age, higher levels of BF are acceptable and healthy vs those same numbers on a much younger person.

All you can do is keep chipping away at it...keep moving...lift some weights...eat healthfully and in appropriate quantities.

this
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am really sesnsitive to carbs and sugar - so when I lay off it, the weight comes off my stomach and love handles - could be something you could try - Abs are definitiely made in the kitchen :-)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately exercise is for fitness and health and not for directly removing fat from any specific area (that's doable anyway).

Along with "fork putdowns", there are also "table push aways".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately exercise is for fitness and health and not for directly removing fat from any specific area (that's doable anyway).

Along with "fork putdowns", there are also "table push aways".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

:laugh:

But I choose to be an optimist. I can't spot reduce, but the stronger my abs are, the better I can suck my stomach in!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I'd also suggest plate pushbacks, and 40oz negative curls