Replies

• mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    usually around 9pm when baby is sleep and wife sleep or occupied
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning (I converted from working out at lunch). My primary reason is that working out at 5:30 a.m. means no distractions, no interruptions (work, phone calls, appointments), and less folks in the gym. It gives me the energy I need to get through the day and I seem to have loss more weight as a result of the change in workout time.

Morning workouts voided most of my excuses for not going to the gym.

Shawn
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    During the weekdays..my lunch hour. I don't have any pals who work near me to see for lunch and my gym is less than a mile away..I have to excuses not to then. I'm usually wiped when I get home and I'm not a morning person. Lately I've been throwing in a Bodypump class on Wednesday nights...but I much prefer having my workout done before I get home.

Weekends..pretty much when I wake up before my brain knows what I'm up to and tries to talk me into staying in bed :laugh: . I have more time and can workout for longer. Saturdays I do a long cardio on the elliptical then hit the steam room/hot tub with my boyfriend. Sundays I take two workout classes in a row (Bodypump and Zumba). I really try to take advantage of the weekends since my weekday workouts are only 30-35 minutes
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I bike to work some days and walk/run every lunch time through the week. I normally gym at 6.30 am on a Friday as I don't work then, and at 8am on Sundays.
    If it all goes wrong I try and walk/do a workout dvd every day!
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    props to all you who get up early! I couldn't do that. (I have tried). I excercise once I get my older 3 off to school. Then my 5 y/o plays/watches me while I work out at about 9:30am.
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    In the past, I've worked out in the afternoon/early evening. I had tried mornings, but had a hard time in getting up in time.

Now, even though I'm still not a morning person, I tend to wake up around 5 or 6. So, I've decided to try a.m workouts again. I've been at this for 5 days, and already I feel better and more energized, but I'm not getting a restful sleep at night. I would rather have that energy during the day, and be able to sleep well at night --- which means, I can get up early enough to workout the a.m (I hope).

I guess we'll see how it goes!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Monday-Thursday at about 5:30pm I can be found in WOWY (it's a Beachbody thing)....Saturday & Sunday about 11am. I would work out before work but I don't get much sleep (1 hour & 15 minute commute one way) so I'm not getting up at 3:30am to work out.
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    During the week, if dog walking, early evening before their dinner when my Partner gets home to look after Son. Any other exercise is when ever there is a class on in the evening.

At Weekends, early afternoon so I can take the dogs over the fields for some off-lead.

Not a morning person and I have to be at work by 8:00am but I'll be taking over the morning dog walk soon - well, as soon as I can drag myself out of bed by six AM. Nearly made it this morning!!!!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I work out in the evening after I get home from work doing the week day. I would like to workout first thing in the am but since my workout consist of Zumba and I live in a apartment building on the 3rd floor, my neighbor below may not appreciate my fat but bouncing over her head at 6am! LMAO
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    No choice but to work out after work around 5pm. I live about 1.5 hours from home, so I already get up really early to make it to work on time, and then I stop at the gym on the way home and usually don't get home till 8 or so.. so it's long days for me.
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    i work out after work or in the evenings during the week....i just cant make myself get up earlier than i have to lol...on the weekends, its after i get outta bed, drink some water n eat a jam muffin :happy:
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning workout person (never used to be). I used to work out at lunch (office has a workout facility) but seemed to always get sidetracked with meetings etc. So I started getting up at 5 a.m. in April 2010. Been doing that ever since. On the weekends, I need to get my workout done in the morning (I make too many excuses later in the day).

Lately, I've been trying to sneek a couple of lunch workouts in addition to my morning workout - so far so good. But I figured if my lunch workout gets trumped by work, at least I've already gotten my morning workout in.
  • nkteach
    nkteach Posts: 41
    Options
    Evenings. I attempted the morning with 4 am wake ups but I wasnt getting out of bed. So now I am working out after dinner before the baby goes to bed, but now running into problems with that time. So I am just doing it when I can. Sometines its so hard to fit it in, but you have to! Best of luck!:smile:
  • thomasvision
    thomasvision Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    For the last few years I have always worked out in the morning before I eat. Based on articles I have read AM workouts are the most effective for burning fat because at this point in the morning you have not eaten for at least 8 hours. Therefore, there is less glycogen in the liver and less glucose in the blood so your body will have to use fat for energy. If you workout later in the day when you have eaten your liver will have more glycogen in its stores and there will be more glucose in the blood. Your body will therefore use this for energy instead of burning fat. But this has been a well debated topic. All I can say is AM workout always seem to produce the best weight loss results for myself.
  • aprildauer
    Options
    Im a stay at home mom with a 6 yr old in kindergarten and a 16 month old. I normally wait until they are asleep and then workout. So its normally between 9pm and 11pm depending how much cleaning up I have to do before I get to work out. Its what works best for me cause I am not a morning person.
  • kilojoule
    Options
    morning, lunch, evening

just built a gym in our garage for my wife - and have been getting her up at 5am for 3 months now! She has lost over 35lbs!!!

So 1 hr in the morning in the garage with the wife on the treadmill and me on my bike trainer. We are currently watching LOST on netflix instant. Other shows we have burned through are WEEDS, Desperate Housewives (against my better judgement) Dexter (love it!) and the Tudors

I then ride my bike 30 miles into work (90min cardio at zone 1 HR 130-140) or BASE

head to the gym at lunch for free weights

and ride home after work (BASE)...good stuff. Guessing I burn close to 3k calories a day. Good luck!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I don't have a set time. the answer is whenever I can! In the summer I'm a morning person because I'm a runner and it's light out and cool enough, but in the winter, sometimes I wait until after I get home (between 4 and 7) so that it's warmer and light out. I prefer the morning work-out, I have a better day all day that way; but the afternoons can be a good stress relief.

I just say do it when you can- just make sure to actually do it!
  • PickyEater11
    Options
    Working out first thing in the morning seems to help me be energized throughout the day. I try to move around a lot during the day so I don’t feel stuck to my computer at work and then recently started a quick stretch at night before bed to help me relax. I don’t have a set time during the weekends because we are always on the go.