Brides 2 Be

Options
Hi everyone,

Any other brides 2 be out there trying to lose weight for their big day?

I've been using MFP for a while on and off (I lost 32lbs but put them back on!), now I'm on wedding diet mission I have 80lbs to lose by 12.09.2015 <--- the big day :-D.
So far I am down 15lbs since 09.06.2014.

Feel free to add me :)

xx

Replies

• Ismeme
    Ismeme Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm also a bride 2 be... the tentative date for my wedding is a few months after yours (April 2016 for mine). I'm looking to get back down to my goal weight and more importantly, tone up for the dress :) Feel free to add me. I've been thinking of starting a team for brides 2 be, as the ones on here atm seem to be pretty inactive.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Brides 2 be

Or not 2 be. That is the question.

Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
    The Slings and Arrows of matrimonious Fortune,
    Or to take Arms against a Sea of singleness,
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Brides 2 be

Or not 2 be. That is the question.

Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
    The Slings and Arrows of matrimonious Fortune,
    Or to take Arms against a Sea of singleness,

This requires a 'like' button :heart:
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Gettin' Hitched 11.1.14 :)
  • vanessahaslag
    Options
    Hi!!

Feel free to add me. Getting married April 2015. Lost 9 lbs since I've joined MFP and have another 15 to go to my ultimate goal for the wedding.

You can do this! :)
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My big day is September 27th! I am 13 lbs down and trying to lose more in the 10 weeks till the wedding! I would love to have other brides as friends on here!
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Congrats, ladies! How exciting! :-)

Getting married in September, 2015! :-) Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • sunsoakeddreamer
    sunsoakeddreamer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats girls!
    8/15/14 is our date (23 days ahhh!!)
    I've been focusing on toning up arms, chest, and shoulders since that's all you can see in the dress. I've been doing bodyrock.tv work outs, since the wedding planning leaves me with no budget for a gym membership. I've also been doing a lot of yoga, some off youtube videos, some at the local yoga studio. It helps to calm down and be mindful.
    The hardest thing has been seeing it all as a happy thing (that sounds ridiculous doesn't it?). I swear half way through planning it felt like such a chore we were saying, "why didn't we just elope?" Glad to be on the other side of that now and just looking forward to the big day :)
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Our wedding date is set for May 2015, but I'm hoping to get down to my goal weight by November, so I can cross buying the dress off my list by the end of the year. From June 2011 to June 2013, I was able to lose almost 60 pounds, and kept it off until this past winter, when ever so slowly I choose bonding over food with my honey over daily workouts and keeping track of what I was eating, resulting in a weight gain of 24 lbs. :( However, I've recently rededicated myself to obtaining my fitness goals once again, and have dropped 4 lbs since last Saturday - so that's a great step in the right direction :)
  • Charlenex91x
    Options
    I'm also a bride 2 be... the tentative date for my wedding is a few months after yours (April 2016 for mine). I'm looking to get back down to my goal weight and more importantly, tone up for the dress :) Feel free to add me. I've been thinking of starting a team for brides 2 be, as the ones on here atm seem to be pretty inactive.

That would be good, I'll keep a look out in case you do start a group :)
  • Kelven23
    Kelven23 Posts: 51
    Options
    Congrats to you all!