Unexpected motivation...

Options
A little backstory: My husband is a musician. I very rarely get to go to his shows these days, because his gigs are usually out of town and until recently I was nursing our youngest. BUT they just booked a show at a venue here where we live, and my mother-in-law offered to take the kids so I could go to it.

I was thinking about blowing off my run tonight and just calling today a "cheat day" which to me, means completely derailing and eating everything in sight for the next month. I just found out that my husband's ex-girlfriend is going to be at the show.

So I put on my running clothes, and am getting ready to pop in a yoga DVD so that I can be nice and stretched out before my run tonight.

Isn't it funny how women, at the end of the day, want to look good for other women and not necessarily the men? My husband loves me just the way I am and thinks I'm beautiful, but the idea of his ex seeing me after binging for a month and not exercising is just not acceptable to me. The information that she'll be there probably threw me right back on the wagon. :laugh:

Replies

• Haleynb818
    Options
    I agree! That would be good motivation for me as well. You are doing so amazing!! 53 lbs lost!! Oh my gosh, good for you!! Keep it up!!
  • mntflower
    Options
    whatever keeps you motivated on and on track! Good for you!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    You are so right!! My hubby keeps saying "but I think you look fine!" and "who are you trying to impress?!" and the truth is, ME I am trying to impress me and every other person I come into contact with each day!
  • jessimacar
    Options
    Whatever works, right? Lol. Women are always competitive with other women! Men will love our boobs and butts til they die.. They're easy to please!!
  • narrowdoor
    narrowdoor Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    We certainly are funny creatures :~) Always more worried about the opinion of someone rather than the sheer healthy aspects of diet & exercise. Bravo to you for your weight loss, and bravo for not falling off the wagon. I am all too familiar what effects that has on the hard earned losses. Keep up the great work, do this for you, do this so you can be there and be healthy when your kids are grown, married and giving you grandkids!! There is some motivation for you :~)
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Excellent post...and gettin' a motivation to get you back goin' ...But, keep in mind to - that you shouldn't feel threaten about the 'ex girlfriend' - She became an 'Ex' for a reason...Your Husband chose you to be HIS wife, not her. But, get a Killer dress or outfit and feel confident at his show...best wishes, post us on what happened that night :) xo
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Yea, don't worry about the guy that matters. Just the chick he left for someone better. Amazing how women still baffle me.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the nice words. I'm not really threatened by her at all; my husband watched me give birth naturally twice and still thinks I'm beautiful, so I know he isn't going anywhere. :tongue: I would just feel much more confident in myself if I knew I had been watching what I've been eating and running.

Roy - We are mysterious creatures. :laugh:
  • LivingFree
    Options
    I can see your point. Enjoy that show feeling confident and beautiful and proud of the work you have done!