Replies

• gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    First thing in the morning after going to the bathroom
  • kjgarcia
    kjgarcia Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning, after I pee and before I shower :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after I pee, naked. I step on, look down, step off, move on. I never weigh myself later in the day. Day to day fluctuations are plenty, thanks.
  • dcmassena
    dcmassena Posts: 11
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning as I tend to be lighter then and it's part of my morning routine.

But to be honest it doesn't matter what time you weigh yourself as long as you always weigh yourself at the same time, on the same scales in the same clothes (or no clothes), you will see the general patten.

^^^^This. Weighing yourself at the same time each day is more important than when you weigh. Having said that, I weigh in first thing in the morning. Its part of my routine. I don't pay to much attention to the daily weight as it will fluctuate a bit, but I use it as a guide to keep me on track. My "offical" weigh in is on Friday mornings at the gym.
  • ErisDyscordia
    ErisDyscordia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning too. I am often lighter in the evening as well, but I think that is due to lost water after my evening Krav Maga classes.

I keep a water bottle by my bed, and end up drinking quite a bit as I fall asleep/when I get up. I feel like my weight is probably most accurate in the morning (no food, but no longer dehydrated), so I tend to weigh then. Plus it is easier for me to remember.

As long as you weigh yourself at about the same time every time you do it, it doesn't really matter when it is. Look more for trends, than actual number.
  • ErisDyscordia
    ErisDyscordia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm a weirdo. I weigh myself first thing in the morning and maybe 7 more times throughout the day haha. I just like seeing water food, water, exercise, etc, does to me.

I do this too, haha.

It might be gross, but I find it kinda entertaining to weigh myself before and after using the bathroom too, just out curiosity.
  • highcarbveganzombie
    highcarbveganzombie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after the bathroom. :)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    In the morning after the bathroom, 6:15 am.
  • NicoleLFifield
    Options
    1st thing in the morning....I have been up to 6 lbs heavier the same night between all of the food and liquids I have consumed I would imagine)
  • maryaskins
    maryaskins Posts: 11
    Options
    You should weigh yourself at the same time. I usually weigh myself in the morning because that is when people are the lightest (like other people have mentioned). Only weigh yourself once a week so you can see improvement. If you weigh yourself every day then you might be unmotivated to continue with exercising/dieting/etc. You don't see significant changes in weight day to day but you might from week to week. Choose a day of the week and weigh yourself on that day at the same time in the morning. You'll notice better results than doing it every day.

And yes, our bodies do fluctuate from morning to night. We are lighter in the morning because we have not eaten anything. As the day progresses we each lunch then dinner so it's natural that we would weigh more before going to bed. Our bodies will usually fluctuate between 2-4 pounds a day when weighing at night because of the food.