C25K- What were your results!

Options
I JUST started C25K!! What have been your results so far with it? Post pics here. I'd love the inspiration. Running does NOT come easily to me!!!

Replies

• Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Results vary.

My suggestion is just to go at your own pace. Never compare yourself with others. I'm a runner and I have friends that have been running for a longer time that go at a slower pace than I'm comfortable with. Running fast is just what I like. It's all about finding what works and what is fun for you.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I did not lose any weight with c25k, but I went from having trouble running for 30 seconds and having terrible form, shin splints, and cursing constantly, to being able to jog slowly for about 45 minutes. After the c25k, I paused my running to get into functional fitness classes for a year. I resumed running and am now training for a marathon, and completed a half marathon and 20 mile race in the past year.

The reason I started c25k was because I hated running. Like, HATED it. It was extremely hard and seemingly boring. That whole, "You must do the things you think you cannot do" thing. It was the first step in my fitness journey, and helped changed my attitude towards exercises I thought were awful and impossible. Without it, I never would have survived functional fitness classes -- my first class was one where we jogged to a convention center and ran up and down 5 flights of stairs non-stop for 30 minutes. It took me convincing myself that the best exercises are the ones I don't want to do because they are too hard and too boring, and that was thanks to c25k.

This mental shift also allowed me to actually enjoy my martial art, which involves a LOT of extremely uncomfortable positions... to the point that you learn how to become comfortable, calm, and effective when you are in extreme discomfort.
  • puresnowangel
    puresnowangel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found that C25K helped me improve my lungs and my stamina. As a former chain-smoker, I needed a lot of help in this department!! Since I completed the program, I've run several 5Ks and a 10K. My times may not have been fast, but I was able to run all of my races. Good luck to you in your journey! The key is to really stick with it, and don't get discouraged if you get sidetracked one week. Just start right back up where you left off.
  • carlene76
    carlene76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started a C25K program this week. I am just getting back to working out after surgery so I'm taking it slow.
  • G_RRR
    G_RRR Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My results? I was able to run a 5k race in 35 mins :happy: and I'm still running 4km every 2 days
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i did zombies run 5k which is similar to C25K. and the results are that I ran a 5k in 40 minutes.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Results? Pictures? I don't know what you are expecting...
    But I was able to run 5K when I was done... Which is the only goal of the program I know of....
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't know about pictures...?

I just finished week 7 of my C25K program. My results are that I've gone from thinking 90 seconds of walking-fast was horribly hard to easily going 25 minutes straight of jogging at a good pace and now I'm hungry for more. The dog has lost 2 pounds, my pants are a bit looser, and I inspired my husband to start his own C25K program.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I started a C25K program in April, finished it the end of June and have my first official 5k next Sunday. My 'results' so far...I ran a 5k with my group in June, I run 2-4 times a week consistently, and have improved my speed, distance and endurance. I still hate every second which I am running, and have not hit that "runners high" which everyone talks about...but at the end, when it's over I am really proud of what I did.

So just stick to the program. You may never love it, but you will accomplish it and that's awesome!