Positive Patty

Options
Since I was about 11, that age when you really understand the whole "fat vs thin" thing, I have had self esteem issues. I have gotten in the habit of constantly thinking negative thoughts, and really putting myself down. I never thought anything of this habit, it was just how I interacted with myself, but recently I heard my 15 year old sister (who is simply stunning) talk about herself in a negative light, and this bothered me immensely. Then I realized that she has witnessed this type of mentality from myself and my mom all her life. That's when I decided: I need to change how I treat myself. Whether I am where I want to be with my fitness or not, there are some wonderful things about me.

So I decided I wanted to start a thread on here. No matter if you are a work in progress, someone who reached their goal, or anything, I am hoping that everyone will write something positive bout THEMSELVES. This is not a post to complement the person above you, I want you to say something you feel positive about, COMPLEMENT YOURSELF. Today we start being out own cheerleaders and strive to see ourselves how others do.

I'll go first:

I have a great personality: I am bubbly, mostly positive, supportive, and genuine.

Replies

• NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have a great personality: I am bubbly, mostly positive, supportive, and genuine.

^^Me too, And I have a load of patience. :happy:
  • danidavidandgatsby
    Options
    I think this is a great idea! Here goes!

I am a very accomplished musician - teacher, singer, oboe player, voice lesson instructor, youth worship choir leader and the list goes on. I love music and when I am using my gifts as a musician I feel whole. Music is my passion and glue that holds my life together.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am a very strong willed and driven person, I will succeed!
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I love that you guys are posting! You are amazing!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I flourish when other people are frayed and stressed and panicking. When people start to freak out, I turn into Ultra Cool Christine and talk everyone down.
  • The_Hungry_Atheist
    Options
    I am and always will be stoic, for without this trait I am just a sheep among wolves.
  • HarleyQuinn26
    HarleyQuinn26 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm a smart and upbeat person who likes to help others and wants to make the world a better place. Also, I kick some serious butt. :)
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm strong, determined, and positive. Once I set a goal for myself, I WILL surpass it.
  • docdick9120
    docdick9120 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I really care about other people.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Bumping this thread because we all need a little more positivity in our lives.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    LOVE this thread!

I have the patience of a saint, I am a great mom and....
    ....and....
    Yikes...this is harder than I thought!
    I am loyal to a fault.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I always search for the best in people
    I have a rare intelligence which connects things that at first seem totally unconnected
    I am amazing with metaphors

When I see my daughter or wife happy I am happy and that is all I need.

I am able to see the beauty and simplicity of nature and art
  • court_fritch26
    Options
    I love reading these…bumping for more positivity!
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have a 14 year old sister who taught me to think positively because of her negativity. I see it in my mom, which explains where it creeps in. She is beautiful, a very talented artist, and athletic.

I am strong, dependable and a great friend.
  • jellybeansmamma
    jellybeansmamma Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    am a good mother and housewife :) and I am learning to be good to myself as well as others :)
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I have a way with words. When I say something that pisses someone off, that person STAYS pissed off! :wink:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    I like this thread :wink:
  • court_fritch26
    Options
    I'm bumping this again…I think everyone needs to say something nice about themselves.

Here's another one: I have very unique eyes.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    When I am in a bad mood or really sad... I have a really good set of "mental tools" to bring myself out of it! :smile:
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    When I'm feeling down, I look at myself in the mirror and say "You cant' be negative! You're a Positive Patty!!! Now go out there and show them your cheerfulness!"