I'll never lose the weight

Options
2»

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    OP referenced disordered eating and mindsets, and a post from last week says that she eats 1000 calories a day and said in the OP that she burns 650 calories a day. (I got curious when she didn't answer my questions about intake.) Your issue isn't willpower. It's your body fighting you for nourishment.
  • Mevsthighs
    Mevsthighs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I read your post because you sound a bit like me. I exercise regularly and most of my meals are healthy, but in my case I mindlessly eat mostly in the afternoon and early evening. I'm not 30 lbs overweight because of anything I eat at mealtime. Diets never worked because they focus on the "what" I eat. I needed help with the "why" I eat, which is difficult to answer on my own. So I started seeing a nutritional therapist. Rome wasn't built in a day and 20 years of moderate emotional eating aren't going to disappear overnight. So this is going to take a while (I've been going for about 2 months), but I am already becoming increasingly aware of my triggers. Give me a year and I will let you know how successful it is.

Thankyou so much for this. I thought I was in this alone. I just wish I didn't have this disordered eating. I think it's because weight loss has become such a huge part of my life, that I obsess over it, and it's always constantly on my mind that I need to be slim. It drives me crazy and makes me have such low self-esteem

Nope, you're not the only one. I also binge when I go drinking with my friends on Friday and Saturday nights and ruins all the hard work during the week. I've started the 5:2 diet and hoping this will give me a little bit more wriggle room with my weekends.
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    'Oh I'm over by 100 let's just give up and eat all the things???'

1. Grow up.

2. Set a calorie range, not a rigid number.

3. Set a reasonable ceiling. If I eat out - I try to stay under 2800 for that day.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Honestly sounds like you know what the problem is. You have an obsession with losing weight, you lack confidence to do so, you try overly hard and then self-sabatoge on weekends with binging.

Sounds to me like you need to focus on your emotional state and stress level and try to bring yourself to calmness and then re-approach weight loss not with the goal to make the scale go down quickly but rather as a goal for health, just trying to make some moderate changes to your lifestyle. Increase your exercise a bit, make healthier eating choices but otherwise eat full meals. You need to learn how to relax.

If you approach weight loss in a panic and break-down every week it is just going to add to your stress not help with your health. Cut yourself some slack, find something you enjoy doing that is physical and do that more often. Otherwise just try to enjoy life until you get to a place of calmness.
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Stop going out drinking with your friends if you can't moderate yourself.

I have to 2nd this. No offense to anyone, but I don't get the "I can't stop" excuse. Of course you can, if you want to stop, you stop. Maybe it takes therapy, maybe it takes talking with a friend. But only you can do or not do anything. Time to lace up the big girl shoes!