30 Day Shred?

Options
Hi, after about 2 years of sitting in front of my computer 24/7, I am now starting my weight loss journey, once again...

Im starting the 30 day shred program and was wondering if anyone has done it, been through it? Did it work? Or is there something better?

Maybe some pointers?

Also if you are currently on it, or want to be friends and support each other, add me, and lets do this together! :)

Replies

• VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I haven't started it yet but thinking about it... I'll join ya!
  • Cappa124
    Cappa124 Posts: 131
    Options
    I have done the 30 day shred, but in my opinion, it is one of her more boring DVDs. I hate monotony. haha. I personally loved Chalean Extreme, but it is a lot longer and more intense.
  • lheaton
    lheaton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Today makes Day 16 for me. I'm on level 2 and it kicks my butt. I am drenched in sweat before it's over and I crawl to my mat for the cooldown. My tip would be STICK with it and don't stop during the workout. Even if you feel like you can't go a second longer, it's short and you CAN do it!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I did it last month and lost 6lbs. I did not follow her diet plan, but my calories are already set about 1200 a day. While the weight loss was nice and steady, I feel like the change in my body was the biggest plus, I did drop a pants size, and loss inches. But I also felt really strong and a lot more capable at the end of the month. Best of luck!
  • Alice_in_VVonderland
    Alice_in_VVonderland Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I did Level 1, and then my life got all crazy busy and I haven't had time to get back to it for a couple of weeks.

It's very high impact, so don't be afraid to modify some of the moves, and especially pay attention to the chick doing the beginner stuff on the right.

I watched the Level 2 video, and I'm not sure how much of that my back can take, but we'll see (whenever I get back to it lol).

The first 2 days are the worst, and you will feel like you're dying. Please do the first 2 days when you don't have to go to work or anything like that.
  • creay2012
    creay2012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am ding it now I am on day 2 level 1 and I am very sore it is kicking my butt. if you want to join in feel free to add me
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    On day 8 right now. Day 1, I tried it with no weights just to see what it would be like and I thought it seemed a little easy but once I added weights, I didin't think that anymore. I like it but it does get a little repetitive. I feel like physically I could keep doing level 1 because it's still very challenging but mentally, I'm ready to do something different. Also, I think it gave my weight loss a little bump because I had been holding steady but I lost 2 pounds last week. So that's a plus
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of the first level. If you want to add me to keep each other motivated, you can!
  • JennyJiggle
    JennyJiggle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just finished this on Monday, and overall really enjoyed it! Started out using 1kg weights and finished using the 3kg ones - it's definitely a you get out what you put in program. As a bigger girl I mostly did the modified moves, but even so saw some brilliant results.

Over the 4 weeks I dropped a jean size and lost 16lbs - combined the program with accurate logging and hour long walks every other day.

Would definitely recommend :)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I have done it a couple of time in my journey and it's what works the best! Don't quit it will work.

Oh, and just my own personal note, don't eat back the calories.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi, I can totally relate to how you feel about being at ur PC 24/7. I was into quite hardcore raiding since 2008 right up until the beginning of 2013. At my heaviest I was about 15 stone (I'm 5'3" tall). I had managed to get to 11 stone through diet alone but I was unhappy that I was just a smaller version of my fat, untoned self and I didn't look how I thought I would.

I got promoted at work in 2013 and that meant I finished work later so missed raid start time so had to quit raiding until I had settled into my new job and had time to research other raid guilds with a better schedule for me. I never got round to it. What I now had plenty of time for was a workout after I got home, but before I made dinner and 30ds sounded good, especially as its only 30 minutes. I lost a bit of weight, but more noticeably, I lost inches! My body is slowly but surely starting to match up how I thought I should look in my head.

I am now a Jillian Michaels convert and have completed several of her DVDs. I thoroughly recommend 30ds for someone coming in with no history of exercise. All her moves are achievable, (even if you have the coordination of a drunk spider with too many legs!) And I always feel I have had a great workout.
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Im starting it, was going to start tomorrow morning but unsure if I am supposed to start at the beginning of the week or what as it didn't come with a schedule. I was actually looking for something new as I fell off the wagon in the last 9 months and gained back 18 of the 33.5 lbs I lost (boooo). I realized I do better sticking with an exercise program when I have a schedule to follow. I found this DVD at a yard sale, lol, it was 50 cents and the lady told me "it didn't work for me" as she was shoveling a HUGE plate of biscuits and gravy into her mouth. I told her for 50 cents I'd be willing to try it, lol. She didn't have any meal plans or anything so I'm going blind on that, but hoping for great results. I actually came on here today looking for results/tips for this DVD, so I'm glad I ran into your post! Feel free to add me if you'd like! Good luck!