Introducing myself

Options
I have been trying to lose weight my whole life. I am not obese (well according to the official BMI I am). It is the hardest thing for me, as I am sure it is for anyone, but I emotionally eat.

If I feel like crap, had a bad day, I am tired and don't want to cook, or am upset about something, I tend to go for the crappy foods. Any suggestions on how to avoid this?

Also, sometimes I under eat. I forget or just make really small meals and it tends to make me gorge myself at the end of the day. I suck at food prep, I hate it in fact. How can I get the motivation for this as well?

Working out is not a problem for me. I used to be a college athlete and I crave fitness/competition. Just wanted to see what people do when they are extremely exhausted/unmotivated. Do you still workout or give yourself a break?

I am really struggling to finding the main priority of losing weight for me, and not for other people. Yes, I would be lying if I said I didn't want to impress other people, but I have to find the true motivation for myself. I am extremely impatient and give up on the first week. What keeps you all going?

Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for some motivation!
  • Brittany029
    Brittany029 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can relate to you I hate food prep. I love to eat and I eat my feelings. Some days I eat little breakfast and lunch so I can eat something bad for dinner.. I know it is un healthy and sometimes I can't help it but I feel that if I make my calorie goal and stay within the carb goal that I am doing well. I am losing weight right? Well I know its bad and its not the same thing and that your first meal should be the highest calories and last meal the smallest and also snack in between and keep fats to a minimal and protein at an all time high..

its hard an a lot to take in.. sometimes too much.. People talk circles around you.

Think of it as a competition. Find a friend that you can compete with.. or a group that can help you stick to it.

My girl friends and I got together and started doing a "biggest loser" of sorts and only a couple people have really stayed to the goal of being healthier. The others just come and go as they please.

I have lost 33.7 lbs and am working for another 13 to get myself out of "obese" and into "heavy" on the BMI charts. I drink TONS of water and don't always eat good. But if you want to friend me you can!