Best exercise by your experience...

Options
2»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    What exercise or routine did you find brought you the best results thus far in your weight loss journey?

Honestly, the routine you'll stick with.

Personally I'm not training to loss weight. I'm always looking to improve my strength and work on aesthetics. For that, a good mix of low and higher rep weightlifting + eating healthy has served me well.

this is what I was thinking...

I personally love lifting and have been doing it for 11months...same program even.

For me now it's about strength and getting a look now too...
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    Sex

I was waiting for this.....:laugh:
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    For me, I would say step ups. I love those.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Swimming-full body cardio and strength workout in one.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Riding a bike and lifting heavy.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Inevitably lots of lifting zealots around, but in truth it depends on your objectives and priorities.

For me the priority is around running and cycling performance, which has led to a significant weight loss and reduction in bodyfat percentage.

The cycling is complementary to the running, as it balances out the more common sources of injury, as well as supporting the CV efficiency and improvements to lactate threshold performance.

Resistance training of some kind can be beneficial. Both cycling and running are improved through some resistance work, personally I prefer bodyweight as it's something I can integrate with my running; 5Km to the local park, do some resistance training then run home again.

But as upthread, it depends what you'll stick to. Again, from a personal perspective I find all of the p!ssing around with plates to be very boring and disruptive to my focus, so I do something that I'm more likely to actually do. If I did weights work I'd be wasting a lot of money as I know that I wouldn't stick to the programme.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options

What exercise or routine did you find brought you the best results thus far in your weight loss journey?
    Weight loss? Running. Hands down.The only less efficient is doing it in snowshoes.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Boxing, cycling and weights.
  • ncrugbyprop
    ncrugbyprop Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    As an overall conditioning exercise, I would have to say man makers with dumbells.

For strength, a solid routine of heavy compound exercises.

For cardio fitness, swimming followed closely by running/sprinting.

For abs of steel, two hours of muay thai 4 or 5 days a week.
  • Christi132
    Christi132 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Running, with a cool down that includes squats, abs, and pilates/yoga stretches.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I love bike riding. It's my default exercise and I'm good at it. But it's tough when you're a little heavier than you used to be :(

Still, my lungs and heart are great.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Sex

I'll bet you get a lot of guys asking to be your training partner haha
  • tcamp02
    tcamp02 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Your workout should include a combination of strength training, cardio and flexibility. I don't like going to the gym and working out at home fits into my schedule best. I enjoy doing home DVD workout programs that incorporate all of these because the calendar makes sure that I do a balanced workout routine overall but whatever you find that you enjoy and will do consistently is the right workout for you. I'm currently doing a combination of PiYo, TurboFire with some running thrown in because I just started running and want to start doing some races. Usually I stick with one program so this is an unusual schedule for me. Prior to this I was doing P90x3 and really enjoyed that program. Bottom line, find something you enjoy and incorporate all three areas of fitness and you'll be good.
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with barbell squats - so they must be good for me. Sort of like green veggies. I do 108 of them every week (3 sets x 12 reps x 3 days per week).

Sam
  • dandee1307
    dandee1307 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am a martial arts girl. I love it. Full body work out, coordination training, cardio training. It has everything.