Chocolate Everywhere

Options
LMYERS94
LMYERS94 Posts: 32 Member
My family is HUGE on keeping chocolate in the house. Worse, it doesn't stop there...my sister and mom love to bake (all the time!) I have a major sweet tooth and its gotten to the point I have to avoid the kitchen completely or I'll end up binging and eat ALL the sweets in the house! Tips on having more control in the kitchen please

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Move out?
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Move out?

This

Or make it fit to have a piece everyday?
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    see, I cant do "a piece" unless I go buy "a piece" at the store..open chocolate in the house is not doable for me..I LOVE chocolate.

Im trying dairy free..so most chocolate is now off limits..and its been OK.

Perhaps try to find something sweet to eat if you get a chocolate craving? I to love to bake..I LOVE it..so Ill nosh on strawberries.
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Whenever I want something sweet, I'll opt for a banana or an apple with peanut butter OR rice cakes w/ peanut butter and jelly. It satisfies my sweet tooth and fills me up.
  • peachmagic
    peachmagic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Move out?

I'm sure if moving out was an option she would have done it by now. But I would recommend allowing yourself one time a week where you can have those yummy baked good or chocolate, so that you're less likely to binge later. I haven't cut junk food out completely and I've found that actually makes it a lot easier to stay with healthy food! Since I know I can have potato chips or chocolate sometimes, I'm less likely to binge and then feel guilty.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I got nothing. I'm just here for the chocolate gifs.

599.gif
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Get out of the kitchen?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    For at home, I have a specific time (right after dinner) when I have a treat if I do, and I do if I have enough calories left and want one.

This works for me, since if I'm wanting a treat at some other time I just tell myself I get one that night (and if I have to exercise to afford it, it's added incentive to exercise). Because I know I get something later if I want it, I don't feel compelled to have it at other times (or to eat too much, since I know I get more the next day).

For work, if someone brings in cupcakes or some such, I use my judgment. Mostly I ignore it as not worth the calories, but if it's something that looks really good and I'm not just wanting it because it's a break or I'm stressed, then I have it, and it replaces the treat I might have had that night (and I usually make sure it fits in my calories). Again, this usually allows me to ignore all the treats that end up in our kitchen.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Meanwhile, in my fortress of evil....

2u9rh2q.jpg

Make it fit or don't go in the kitchen unless you're getting something already planned.. horse blinders...the moving out thing, is that an option because obviously you have zero control over other people but 100% of yourself
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options

2u9rh2q.jpg

Make it fit or don't go in the kitchen unless you're getting something already planned.. horse blinders...the moving out thing, is that an option because obviously you have zero control over other people but 100% of yourself

OMG, more like the fortress of awesome. I want!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

2u9rh2q.jpg

OMG, more like the fortress of awesome. I want!

But... I eated it.... >.>

<.<

>.>

:flowerforyou:
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with the others. Make it fit, after you've had your serving pop a piece of gum in your mouth and/or go for a walk. Or take a shower. Anything to create a distraction, even if it's temporary. And tell yourself you can always get another serving tomorrow.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Ahhh! That is the best chocolate out there! Just don't ever get it from one of their shops. The markup is horrendous.

On the other hand... I wouldn't mind one of these...
    denise_richards_covered_in_chocolate-1503.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

2u9rh2q.jpg

This.

Or put stickies on them to remind you not to eat them until you have more control. I put these on all the boxes of Cheez-Its at work last year.

4a0ef77f-4427-430b-bfb1-fb3371683673_zpsa0db92b2.jpg