Amazing ~ Congratulations!!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Awesome job!
  • janelavalley
    janelavalley Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for shaing, you look great. I can't exercise because of a handicap so its coming off slowly but it is possible. Your a great inspiration.:flowerforyou:
  • determinedgirl1
    determinedgirl1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Love it! You look awesome.
  • Rebecca_1552
    Rebecca_1552 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress!! Congrats!! :smile:
  • Bella65233
    Bella65233 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for inspiring all of us!
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference girl, keep it up!!!
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You look healthy, proud, and beautiful!!! Wonderful accomplishment and it's good to celebrate along the journey!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • LeanJeantheFitMachine
    Options
    You are an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your journey. I hope to find the motivation to change my life, so seeing this post right now - at this very moment - is very meaningful to me.

Thank you!
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You are doing an AMAZING job! Kudos to you girl!
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • juliapoppins
    Options
    great job girl!!
  • watch_me_shinexo
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!!! Such an inspiration, too :)
  • candidcamster
    candidcamster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ahhh-Mazing! Way to go girl, that is an incredible feat and you look wonderful! Very inspirational for me as I was also in the 300's when I began (my highest was 350, currently 271-273 lbs.) working towards 150 lbs. . I wish you all of the success in the world, thank you for sharing your journey!
  • KezzaHobbs
    KezzaHobbs Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow you look incredible, very inspirational!
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!
  • withintherose
    withintherose Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Not yet at my goal but I have come a long way.

58c4efd3-1248-4d11-9ccc-8e90d08f25e1_zpsa5525735.jpg

wow AMAZING!!! good job keep it up.. our stats are similar but I was 358... I look at pictures and I just cant believe it!

keep it up! we will get there soon enough!

whats your goal?

My first goal that I set was 170lbs.
  • withintherose
    withintherose Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You certainly have come a long way and you look beautiful. Tell us a little more about yourself; what was your wake-up moment? What diet and exercise plan did you use? You look amazing and your experience can truly motivate others.

I was 26 years old.. and I was facing diabetes and high blood pressure. I fell down a flight of stairs and completely demolished my ankle. The damage wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't as heavy as I was. I was extremely depressed and eventually I told myself to either do something about it or I will be dead in my 30s.

I started with water aerobics and then moved to a recumbent bike and conditioned my body from there. I dropped a lot of bad habits. I got my emotional eating under control. I stopped eating fast food and had to learn to cook for myself. I had to teach myself about nutrition and strength training. I had tried personal trainers but I was never with one long enough to get into a routine, so I took their knowledge and kind of made my own meal plan and work out regiment.

I eat high protein meals and vegetables. Limited carbs and dairy. If I plateau, which is every few weeks anymore, I will either juice or eat more carbs for a few days then go back to my high protein diet.

When I started working out it was very light, moderate exercise. I didn't want to hurt myself and running at 328lbs wasn't an option for me with my ankle. Water aerobics --> recumbent bike --> treadmill --> elliptical. Strength training on circuit machines is a good way to start.

I have been lifting heavier lately with free weights, dead lifts and focusing on my *problem* areas like my arms, belly and thighs. Overall, I feel better and I can accomplish more and I see myself trying things I would have never thought of before - like a 5k or playing roller derby.

It has been two years and to lose the equivalent of another human being in such a short time and without surgery - worth it. It can be done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!