What do you treat yourself for meeting your weight goal?

Options

Replies

• itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i think of what i'm doing as a journey, so my rewards help me on my journey. once i had gotten going, i got a HRM and then an exercise bike. i've been consistent for a while, and everything is working out, so i am treating myself to a very nice light commercial FID bench, which will make my home workouts more effective and a lot more fun than what i'm using. it will also help me as i develop a fit, healthy happy lifestyle, which i guess you could say is my goal :)

if i keep it going, and i think i will, i will treat myself to a lat pulldown machine :)
  • xero2099
    xero2099 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have been getting a sleeve tattoo I add to it for every milestone I hit my upper arm is done now and I am almost halfway to my goal
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Usually new workout clothes or gym shoes. I'm addicted to lululemon, so any excuse to let myself spend $90 on a pair of pants haha
  • Calm_Lotus_06
    Calm_Lotus_06 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Once I hit my goal weight a makeover and a tattoo to remind myself how far I've come!
  • Princess71117
    Princess71117 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    For me, when I get the abdomen shape/strength/fitness I want (basically, when I look hot in a bikini), I'm getting my belly button pierced :D That'll be motivation to show it off lol
  • bikiniready201
    Options
    I made a little chart to keep me motivated!

0--3 lb = maui babe tanning lotion
    3-5 lb = MAC lipglass
    5-8 lb = new runners
    8-10 lb = book hair appt
    10-12 lb = new hair extensions

the list goes to 25 lbs and that reward will be my tattoo :)
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Eating my mother's Italian rice until I vomit and then eating more.
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I told myself I'd go to the salon and get a nice new hairstyle for my 30 lb. mark, and it was great! :)
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I sat up a personal reward system. When I lose 25lbs I buy something just for me.

Goal Tier~Weight~ Item

√ -25lbs ~ 266 ~ Polar FT7 HRM (2/19/2014)

√ -50lbs ~ 241 ~ Prada by Prada Perfume (5/15/14)

-75lbs ~ 216 ~ Prada Sunglasses

-100lbs ~ 191 ~ Paloma Picasso®Olive Leaf Heart Pendant

-125lbs ~ 166 ~ MADISON HOBO IN LEATHER Bag

-150lbs ~ 141 ~ Gucci Watch

*GOAL ~ 120 ~ New Wardrobe/Shopping Spree

BMI category changes bonuses :
    $100 ~ 194lbs from obese to overweight
    $100 ~ 163lbs from overweight to normal
    ^^^^Omg, so detailed, I love it. I would be uber motivated--Madison Hobo, YES please;)
  • peachmagic
    peachmagic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get my bellybutton pierced for my first milestone (pre-seroquel weight and 30lbs lost), and then get some BVLA pearl jewellery for it when I hit my overall weight goal (135 and 50 lbs lost). I'm already 4 lbs closer than when I started :)
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I told myself I'd go to the salon and get a nice new hairstyle for my 30 lb. mark, and it was great! :)

I might get my nose pierced :D
  • LesliemarieAZ
    LesliemarieAZ Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    New clothes!! There is nothing more satisfying to me than buying a new article of clothing that's a size smaller, even if it's a $5 shirt from Ross. :bigsmile: I even get happy buying clothes that is the same size but that I know looks better on me than it would have before.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I have an appointment in two weeks to get a half sleeve tattoo done, cant wait!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Oh boy there have been many over the years and pounds and fitness goals. It started out with little rewards like a new bottle of nail polish, piece of costume jewelry that was fun and not typical of me then I started going into clothing stores I never was able to shop in before. Didn't usually buy but would enjoy the dressing rooms.

Slowly it became buying the better running shoes because I was worth it.Spending the extra on gym clothes that had better fit and function.

When I hit my goal weight I had no idea what to do as a reward because I didn't really feel "finished" so to speak so I just plugged along and thought about what I really wanted. The next thing I knew I was 15lbs lighter and wanted something to show myself how far I'd come and another something to keep me going. I settled on a Garmin watch to keep me running and a bit more accurate on calories burned. The other item I have in my head is a leather jacket that fits like a glove but I guess I'm not ready for that yet as nothing has crossed my path.

The list things I've NEEDED to buy is overwhelming. Sure would be nice to get a cash reward from someone elses wallet for a job well done that would cover those expenses!

Congrats to all of you, there are some great rewards out here which means lots of success stories.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I don't exactly do pound lost goals because I don't want to get myself worked up about a number.
    But I give myself points for certain things. Hit my calorie goal for the day? Points. Worked out for half an hour? Points. Worked out longer than that? Bonus points.
    And then my rewards have point values attached to them.
    Currently I'm working on earning 1000 points so I can get the outline of my sleeve done.
    I also have things like books, movie tickets, clothes, vacations, etc. Never ever anything food related, that's the only rule. And I try to keep point values consistent with cost. So, a $15 hardcover book is worth less points than say a $50 dress I want to buy.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't done treats for goal weights. Rather, I treat myself for commitment--in terms of logging streaks. (And I mean seriously committed logging streaks, which is all I've had. If I had technically logged in every day but wasn't actually on plan, I wouldn't treat myself for such a streak.) My philosophy has been that as long as I'm consistent, the other goals will fall into place. So at day 100, I got a massage. I just hit 365 days this week, and I may do another massage this weekend.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    athletic shoes
    workout clothes
    exercise equipment (even if it is very small items like jump rope, basketball, etc)
    new clothes in general
    accessories
    makeup - when I hit 199 lb for the first time in 20+ years, I bought myself all new makeup & a counter top organizer. That was my biggest and most memorable reward since joining MFP
  • jess17587
    jess17587 Posts: 153
    Options
    hair dressers and CAKE!!! (after)
  • amousegirl
    amousegirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    lululemon pants
  • dmcapers
    dmcapers Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know it may be corney, but I enjoy going clothes shopping and trying on my new jeans size! Very encouraging to keep on track! :blushing: