Best workout for love handles?

Options
Everything else is shrinking except these darn love handles. And why are they called love handles anyway? Who could possibly love these things?

Replies

• Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I call them saddlebags, cuz love handles sounds too nice, lol. I think it's just a matter of keeping on, keeping on with what you're doing. This is the last area to go for many ladies and I know I'm frustrated, too!
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Same thing for me! I think the pp is right...just keep working and they have to eventually go, right? If you have no more excess fat to burn they have to burn!? I like saddle bags too...love handles sounds so stupid for something so detestable. :/ The older I get (I'm 36) the harder it is...and my butt disappears very quickly. Not the shape I'm going for. Grrrr.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Hands down the best exercise, for me, that works the outer thighs (saddle bag area) are Chalene Johnson's DVD workouts Lower Body Jam and Booty Sculpt. Each one has a segment where she uses a band that has been tied to form a circle and you put it around your ankles. (I use a medium Thera-Band.) I've never before had an outer thigh burn like it. Marisa Tomei has something similar in her "Core & Curves" DVD but I found the band it came with much too difficult. And, IMO, Chalene's workouts are a lot more fun.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    You can't spot check. Just keep working out. For guys it's the stomach. It's the very last thing to go.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ You can not spot reduce ... but eventually overall loss from your workout regimen will hit there ... now on the lighter side ... love handles are the perfect name ... they give you something to hold onto while ... ohhhhh never mind !!!! LOL !!!! :laugh:
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Sadly there is only one workout that helps for love handles, and it takes place in the kitchen. No exercise you do will isolate and target fat on a specific part of your body. Lose the body fat %, and eventually you will lose the love handles (if it isn't excess skin).
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't think mine will ever go away but the more weight I have lost the smaller they got.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew... that area is one of the last places I'm losing :(
  • kp306308
    kp306308 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the answer!!! Brazil Butt Lift!! It is amazing.. order thru beachbody! :-) seriously love handles were always my problem area too.. and butt/ thighs
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    All over to shift the excess weight, and side bends with weight to spot the area into the right shape, .
  • drumprincess1
    Options
    i actually like my "love handles". i definitely do think mine can go somewhat smaller, but they make me feel like a woman. i don't want to look like a little girl :p
  • graycenwilt
    Options
    does Brazil Butt Lift work your abs aswell?
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I don't think mine will ever go away but the more weight I have lost the smaller they got.

Same
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    All over to shift the excess weight, and side bends with weight to spot the area into the right shape, .

You can do side bends and sit-ups, but please don't lose that butt.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    The obvious answer...

funniest_gif_ever.gif
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    any and all exercise will shrink them right up. when I first started out my rolls had rolls, now my tummy is pretty close to flat. just keep at it. you cant spot reduce. I will say that swimming seems to do the trick for me but I walk a lot and watch my calories too.
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    As others have already mentioned, you can't spot reduce. Keep lowering your BF% with a calorie deficit. Direct core work is not needed, feel free to add exercises to strengthen the trunk. I prefer Compound lifts (squats, deads, OHP, etc..) and isometric exercises like L-sits variations, planks, things like that.