Melting pot

Options
I'm going to The Melting Pot tomorrow, I was wondering what are the best options for eating there? I do plan on saving my calories for the meal. My meal will be shared with a friend and it would probably be just cheese and chocolate.

My guess the spinach artichoke cheese fondue and the new peaches and cream chocolate fondue are my best bets. (of course I would focus on eating the fruits and veggies before the cakes) Does anyone think its a good bet? Or does anyone know which cheese and chocolate is the best to pick?

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I was pretty underwhelmed with the place.

They do have a nice broth pot.
  • ingasmile2
    ingasmile2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    White cheeses usually have less calories for example swiss, Parmesan

http://www.coreperformance.com/knowledge/nutrition/a-guide-to-healthy-cheese.html

And here is some info to help choose a chocolate, I would choose a darker chocolate for dipping and you can ask for more fruit dippers (they are sometimes stingy with those) I always threaten to bring my own banana for dipping because I can never get enough and I don't really like the other things.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/calories/dark-chocolate-vs-milk-chocolate-vs-white-chocolate.html#b
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    They post nutrition info on their website, meltingpot.com:
    Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue
    298 cal • 8g carb • 1g fiber • 22g fat • 16g protein

Bananas Foster
    179 cal • 19g carb • 0g fiber • 9g fat • 2g protein
    Edited to add that the above doesn't include the veggies, fruit, cake, etc.
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Agreed. I know my date at the time was annoyed with me because I insisted on broth and he insisted on cheese. The other fondues are going to have more calories but hey if it's a special treat don't sweat it and enjoy. For the record, I enjoyed the broth at least :wink:
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Agreed. I know my date at the time was annoyed with me because I insisted on broth and he insisted on cheese. The other fondues are going to have a ridiculous amount of calories but hey if it's a special treat don't sweat it and enjoy. For the record, I enjoyed the broth at least :wink:
    go some place else. waste of money and just avg food that they sucker you into cooking yourrelf
  • dgaglione1
    dgaglione1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I only go for happy hour, can't beat $5 cheese and chocolate fondue, with half off drinks. It a favorite spot for a girls night out. Thanks for the advice!
  • claychick2
    claychick2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I skip the cheese course. I get the broth for the meat course and load up on veggies (they'll bring you more if you ask). I splurge on dark chocolate fondue and ask for the gluten free dipping plate (it's all fruit--no cakes). Remember, it's one meal. :-)