Feeling Frustrated.... Haven't lost any pounds this week!

Options
Hello....
Am a bit upset because I haven't lost any weight this week..... :frown:
I have just started counting and keeping a log of my caloric intake, I also started doing that Leslie Sansome walk at home workout which it does make me sweat a lot.... For the first 3 weeks I lost 10lbs, so I got used to seeing the numbers on my scale drop,,,,, :love: But this past 4th week I even ate under my caloric daily goal, but I haven't seen any difference I havent lost any pounds....
Can somebody tell me WHY???? :grumble: Please...........

Replies

• lvnnlfe
    lvnnlfe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You've just hit a plateau. This is counter intuitive but you may need to eat a little more (or more often) or kick up your excercise. Stay on course and you will see the weightloss start again! Way to go on the 10 lbs lost. :smile:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    You are likely retaining water - either due to where you are in your cycle, too much sodium, dehydration or some other reason. Our bodies are very sensitive and sometimes it can seem like you do everything right, but you just don't see a loss. The answer is NOT to cut calories and ramp up exercise. Just keep going with your normal routine (assuming you eat a healthy amount of calories - if you're regularly eating far under MFP's recommendation, then eat more!) and drink some extra water and you'll be back on track in no time.
  • kworsham
    Options
    You will see it moving again. Sometimes we get stuck at a standstill. just keep doing what you have been doing, but also remember its not always a good thing to go under calorie count especially if its 1200 a day. Change it up a bit, your body maybe getting use to the workout and calories. Good Luck to You!!!:smile:
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    your body is catching up to your 10lbs lost! dont sweat a week! Theres been weeks when I was stuck... but then I tried on some clothes that were quite snug the week before... like magic they fit! I think your skin is tightening up and good things are happeing! Dont freak out!!
    and remember.... Drink more water!
  • 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It will come just keep doing exercise, and staying within you calories, one of these days the scale will surprise you again and put a big eye popping smile on your face!
  • bailey_rc
    Options
    remember muscle weights more. So you may have lost inches but not pounds
  • lildee4567
    Options
    your body may be use to the exercise your doing. try to do something different like if you normally run or walk try to jump rope. Or if you normally workout for 30 min up it to 40 min.
  • leelee03
    leelee03 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would say you probably need to toss in a new workout routine here and there...your body can adapt and platau if you don't change it up now and then.
  • Maghenta
    Maghenta Posts: 100
    Options
    Awww Thank YOU all very much.....:flowerforyou:
    You guys did calm my Frustration down, and ALL of you are so right... I will do exactly what some of you have said and keep on going with what I've been doing... maybe drink a little bit more Water and add 10 more minutes to my WorkOut.... I have to admitted I got so frustrated I even stop doing my work out for well 2 days by now :ohwell: But its Ok.... I'll just learn from this ONE Experience and go from there.... Thank you ALL again.:wink:
  • lvnnlfe
    lvnnlfe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love your reward system for yourself! I may have to think about this for myself.
  • esteemacalm
    Options
    You've lost 10 pounds?!! Wish I could say that!! I haven't lost anything yet, but you are on your way!! If you stick with it, it will work, but you already know that ;) Hang in there!!
  • saimabhaidani
    saimabhaidani Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just keep doint it, do not stop. Consistency is the key!

In Slow n Steady, its the "steady" that makes you win! slow got nothing to do with it :/
  • Maghenta
    Maghenta Posts: 100
    Options
    :smile: Thanks.... am planning to buy a tiny bikini and staple it on my wall just to keep me motivated it.... :)