Deeeelighted!!! / Keep at it!!!

Options
Hi all. This is my first post. Just wanted to share my news! I'm so chuffed. Started MFP earlier this yr... I really love it as it's generating good results for me. But the past month or two there was no movement on the scales. It was getting to me, even though I know it shouldn't! Not even a 1lb off! I was 1lb off my first stone off and it was driving me nuts that I was so close but so far and that wee stubborn 1lb was taking soooo long to come off!!!

I just hopped on there not expecting to see any change (as usual), but I got the biggest surprise! I have finally hit my first 1 stone off mark! And boy it feels good...

I know it's not a big deal to some people but for me it's great!

Keep up your hard work and dedication everyone! It is worth it, even when you have wks and wks and wks of no results... Don't give up :) !!!!!

Thanks MFP for your great sytem! It's really helped me! :smile:

Replies

• TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Well done, don't be disheartened by what the scales say as you are eating healthier and getting fitter all the time x
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is awesome :) keep up the good work!
  • GoodLittleEater
    GoodLittleEater Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think a slow weight loss is the MOST impressive! And the most lasting :) Good job!
  • thisonewillwork
    thisonewillwork Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You stayed motivated and persevered, that is well worth celebrating. :flowerforyou: You deserve to be successful, well done :)
  • purplesars11
    Options
    Thanks for your lovely words everyone... There is something to be said for hard work and dedication. I genuinely do believe that the approach is so so simple. Educating yourself about food, eating healthier (even with the odd treats) and exercising more is the proper way to go about this long term.

So many people around me are obssessed with fad diets, quick results, easy ways out, the latest shakes, starvation, unbalanced nutrition and they don't achieve the results they want...

MFP just helped it all click into place for me by providing a visual tool to help track. I sing it's praises to everyone I know that whinges about their weight. I hope it does for others what it's done for me. Slower, hard work, long term results (I hope) is the way to go!!! Even if you do fall off the wagon a day here and there... Just get back on again.

Good luck in your weight loss goals people
  • flissy5
    flissy5 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I hit the same goal today too! I'd been say at a loss of 13lbs for weeks, occasionally gaining a couple. But today, I hit 1st 1lb lost - and I am halfway to my goal.

Keep going Purplesars11 and so will I!

I've lost 15lb over 13 weeks, which is slower than I initially aimed at - but this is for real and forever so it doesn't matter how long it takes.
  • purplesars11
    Options
    Brilliant!!! Well done you! We'll share in our success together... It's a great buzz isn't it.

Like you, my weight loss has been slower than expected, but I just kept ploughing on doing what I was doing. It's going in the right direction. I'm almost halfway there too.

Lets keep at it indeed. As you say it's forever. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!