LOW net calories

Options
OK, so my calorie goal set my MFP is 1,590 that I need to eat. Today I ate 1,840 calories but then exercised 1,211 calories off. That brings my net calories to only 629. I suppose that's really bad???? Shouldn't my net calories be closer to the 1,590? I've eaten until I'm stuffed, but I DON'T want to go into starvation mode! Help! I used to think the more exercise the better, but from what I understand from reading MFP "eat your exercise calories" write-ups I'm afraid I may be sabotaging myself w/so much exercise.

Can someone tell me if I should exercise less or just eat more to make my net calories higher. I'm so frustrated!

Replies

• boxerlovers
    Options
    I always thought that your goal calories was still the base number, not figuring in the added calories that are added for exercise. Then the exercise calories are what help you lose the weight faster. Not sure though, but that's the way I figure things.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    That seems like a very high exercise number -- are you sure it's accurate or are you just going by MFP numbers? Some of the numbers here are exaggerated so I try not to depend on them fully.
  • slainjaberwock
    Options
    I'm really struggling with this too - especially because my exercise calories fluctuate an awful lot. I play roller derby and on practice nights I spend 2-3 hours skating hard and hitting people. It seemed crazy that I would be burning 1000+ calories doing anything but every way I calculate it I get at least that. On non-derby days either I go to the gym and burn a much more reasonable amount of calories or take the day off to rest. This means the number of calories I am supposed to consume is varying from 1330 (on rest days) to over 3100 (a derby day when I also happened to clean my apartment and spend a solid hour shoveling snow). I'm certainly not going to quit derby and I can't imagine eating 3000 calories one day and 1300 the next without feeling starved and/or stuffed. Should I give up on hitting the individual daily goals and focus more on making my average net calories for the week match my goal number? Since the logic of the goal is that I burn 3500 calories more than I consume per pound I intend to lose per week if my weekly average matches my daily goal - logically it should have the same effect right?