Favourite salad dressing/salad extras?

Options
I have been totally feeling Newmans Honey Mustard (I know i know....not so low cal...but sooo yum)
I love adding dried raisins, cranberries and little carrots strips.

Replies

• kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    We eat 2 cups of salad with dinner every evening. I'll make a huge salad one night and it lasts for 2 nights. Tonight, we finished an awesome Greek salad tossed with Light Balsamic Vinaigrette. It was absolutely yummy! If you have the calories to spare, you can top it with 1/2 oz of crushed baked pita chips.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Berry Balsamic Viniagrette (sp?) or kens light balsamic viniagrette oh my it is to die for. As for extras I love dried cherries and pico :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Make your own raspberry vinegarette with raspberry vinegar, walnut oil, dijon mustard, s & p...its awesome!! I do 3/4 cup vinegar to 1/4 cup oil though, not half and half. With this type of dressing, toasted pecans and goat cheese make wonderful additions!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Make your own raspberry vinegarette with raspberry vinegar, walnut oil, dijon mustard, s & p...its awesome!! I do 3/4 cup vinegar to 1/4 cup oil though, not half and half. With this type of dressing, toasted pecans and goat cheese make wonderful additions!

This sounds heavenly! Thanks
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    Ken's steakhouse Rasberry walnut vinagerette is DELISH~ I usually do spinach, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, fresh tomatos, green pepper and maybe a few crutons, oh and fat free mild cheddar if i have calories to spare! YUMMM love love salad!
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Ken's Steakhouse Light Caesar dressing. I also like Ranch but with the Caesar I don't have to use as much to really taste it. I am one who LOVES lots of dressing on my salad. With the Caesar I only need one serving and I am satisfied.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Ken's steakhouse Rasberry walnut vinagerette is DELISH~

I LOVE that one!! I also love Kraft Reduced Fat Three Cheese Ranch!! I make my salad with lettuce, bacon bits, an egg, some grapes, a pinch of shredded cheese, cucumbers and dressing. AMAZING AND FILLING!!!
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    My all time favorite dressing is Annies Nutruals Goddess Dressing, it is sooooo good. But I havent had that for a long time and dont usually keep it in the house or I will eat it with everything!!

I usually just put some red vinegar and pepper on my salads. Adding some cranberries, sunflower, or pumpkin seeds is awesome! Cottage cheese is very good on the side. Salads are soooooo good!
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i love the fat free italian, such a stong vinegar flavour and low calories to!
  • sillybird
    Options
    I have always loved salad and have always used WAYYYY too much dressing. Now I toss my lettuce first in the dressing, then add the extras like grape tomatoes, egg, cucumber, roasted sliced almonds, chicken pieces, and some avocado. I used to think that only using the 2 T was impossible, now I actually taste everything in there besides the dressing! I love poppyseed dressing, but cannot find one in light, so I normally use Kraft Catalina Light.
  • loosee51
    loosee51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always make my own dressings. I use Good seasons mix, more water and vinegar than level indicates and finish the last 1/3 of the shaker bottle with combo canola and olive oil. My honey mustard is 1:1 ratio Grey Poupon and honey. That's it. Enjoy.
  • Izzygirl1985
    Options
    Berry Balsamic Viniagrette (sp?) or kens light balsamic viniagrette oh my it is to die for. As for extras I love dried cherries and pico :)

whats pico???
  • Izzygirl1985
    Options
    Ken's steakhouse Rasberry walnut vinagerette is DELISH~ I usually do spinach, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, fresh tomatos, green pepper and maybe a few crutons, oh and fat free mild cheddar if i have calories to spare! YUMMM love love salad!

I HAVE THAT!!! Havent used it yet though. I will def try it with your side suggestions.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    balsamic vinegar, splenda, whatever seasonings you like, splash of water or olive oil if you really need the oil.. shake it up and thats it!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Modenaceti - Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
  • eklugman
    eklugman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's sells a raspberry Vinaigrette, and it's 30 - 40 calories per serving. no fat. Awesome dressing!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I love to use a little salad dressing...and the squeeze some fresh lemon on it....so darn good. You don't have to use so much dressing that way either : )
  • Kjarlune
    Kjarlune Posts: 178
    Options
    Newmans light Thai sesame is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    i love the wishbone fat free italian. i used to like a little salad in my dressing and now i am able to actually enjoy all the veggies.
  • gokate1
    Options
    Goat cheese or feta cheese
    I make my own honey mustard that way I know whats in it
    Cherry tomato
    Avocado
    Sometimes a little chicken or bacon if I haven't had very much of that kind of thing that day