Messy Moroccan Wings

Options
rcksiren21
rcksiren21 Posts: 23 Member
I am making these for dinner tomorrow but I'm just not sure what to make with them. Anyone have any ideas? They look like they will have a lot of flavor and be a touch on the sweet side so I am looking for something to balance. Also preferably something low calorie since I'm pretty sure these are going to be higher than I should have. The recipe is below.

http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-messy-moroccan-chicken-118799

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Maybe a coleslaw... So many different varieties lol. I would go with a vinegar based since this is on the sweet side... Good luck
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Here for wings.
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I generally prefer rice with stuff like that, because it's a neutral taste and takes well to saucy food, but that may be more calories that you're looking for. But Gsdlovers suggestion is a good one - I often make a cabbage salad seasoned with lime, vinegar, salt, and pepper, and it's a good way to keep the calories down (real question: is "coleslaw" interchangeable with "cabbage salad"?)
  • rcksiren21
    rcksiren21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I do have some napa cabbage and carrots that would work with a bit of vinegar, lime juice and seasoning.

I will let you all know how the recipe comes out.

:wink: