Slow start

Options
I have been having a slow start I started on 1/2/11 (not on here on 1/5/11) of dieting and so far only lost three pounds (fluctuating). I am eating right, going to the gym about 4-5 times a week and I am not eating all my net calories. I have had about 2 days where I went over my 1200 calories but not over 100 calories just a few. I dont know what I can do to change things up or maybe my body is adjusting? Any suggestions?

Replies

• Pattilynne
    Options
    Are you logging your exercise as well? If you are not, you won't be seeing the calories you are burning from exercise, and those are calories that you need to be making up for as well, even partially. You could be putting your body into starvation mode, and then you would be defeating your purpose, since your body is going to want to hold on to everything you put into it because you are not getting enough calories to survive on
  • erikatred
    erikatred Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Be patient
  • Cynthie
    Options
    There is an article on this board that says all newbies should read. The first article highlighted in blue is really good for all beginners to read. I think the user name is banks. Good luck!
  • danni31487
    Options
    Yes I have been logging my exercise calories and eating alot of it and I have been logging down everything and just meeting the calorie intake or going over just a little? I will deff read the beginngers. I
  • kmire473
    Options
    In order to lose weight you must burn more than what you are eating. Sometimes when you lose big numbers quickly, you also put them on quickly. Success is in doing so slowly. Just be patient and continue to exercise... Also keep in mind that measurements are more encouraging than what the scale may say.

My weight has gone up and down most of my adult life... I know, I'm only 24 but I have tried plenty different "fad" diets and have gained EVERYTHING and more that I lost.

I wish you the best and keep looking up! Don't get discouraged!!! :)
  • danni31487
    Options
    Well my daily is 1200 if i burn 350 calories my calories will be about 1350 for example. I usually will not use all of my calories but will go over 1200 if I do exercise is this good? Im trying to figure out the net calories/calorie intake. I usally do ok with the 1200 calories just not sure if it is ok to eat ur exercise calories. very confused =D ha!
  • kmire473
    Options
    I do the same thing when I want to splurge... I'll just make sure to exercise those calories off... It has been working pretty well... two weeks and 4 pounds down!
  • stujones2000
    Options
    Make sure you are recording your net calories AFTER exercise. If you are eating 1200 calories a day then going to the gym, it could be that your net calories is only 700 calories ( presuming you burn 500 in the gym ) which is far too low. This sends your body into starvation mode so it will store any food you intake.

Make sure you are eating around 1700 calories if you are going to the gym, going over by a few calories is not a problem, going significantly under is.
  • danni31487
    Options
    Ok I got it well yesterday I burn 353 calories. I at my 1200 and used some of my other calories which i still had 190 left of calories. My net calories said about 953? is this good? lol