What started as a weightloss competition...

Options
lista210
lista210 Posts: 9 Member
Hey my fitness pals! My name is Priscilla, I am 23 yrs old and recently lost 21 lbs in only 3 weeks!!! My partner and I work at a country club and decided to start a weightloss competition since we realized we were getting a little round around the edges. After a drastic change in my diet and a vigorous yet fun workout routine, i dropped between 6 to 8 lbs a week. Now I am a big girl who loves food, But I also used to be athletic and know how I could look. My motivation is to have a bikini clad body by next summer. Sooner if possible. I used to be a heavy drinker but i dropped alcohol cold turkey. I am super excited to see who wins this competition. There are 13 of us at $25 a person. Whoever loses the most by the end of this month wins the pot. Win or lose everyone benefits. Some extra cash is just the icing on the cake :)

Replies

• tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Uhh, I'm concerned about this. How much is your starting weight and how many calories do you eat in a day?
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I'm doing something similar via the website DietBetter.com, but I would never lose weight that quickly. You need to look after your body at the same time as losing weight. That means not starving it of essential nutrients in order to drop the weight. Otherwise your body is not going to be in top condition when you are thin and you still need it to live in for the rest of your life! Just starve it of the unnecessary extras like alcohol (you mentioned that), extra servings, chocolate and soda. Stick to the calorie guidelines that MFP gives you and the weight will come off fast enough still to win. Most people lose those competitions because they drop out after getting sick of a strict diet they can't maintain.
  • LilyMammoth
    LilyMammoth Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss with a Biggest Loser competition too (and won the $120!). Sometimes at the beginning of weigh loss people lose a lot of weight the first few weeks. I lost 10 lbs my first week.
  • lista210
    lista210 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My calorie intake a day is 1,200. I am not starving myself. I eat during the day and workout at night after i get out of work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!