Over on calories today, debating wether to go for a walk?

Options
jadejo63
jadejo63 Posts: 136 Member
But I feel weird on my own like people will laugh lol.

Replies

• kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nobody's looking at you. Going for a walk will definitely help even things out if you're over on calories. Depending where you are, is there somewhere you can walk to (stores, scenic areas, trail, etc)? I often feel more motivated about it when I know I have a destination in mind and am not just wandering about aimlessly. If you're not comfortable wakling outside alone, then do something inside. There are lots of options and moving more is always the better choice!
  • jnelson1028
    jnelson1028 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    do you have a push mower...? go mow the grass and there are calories back!
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    ^^they're right, no one's looking. But, you still shouldn't care if they do. Most would be thinking 'good for her for taking a walk;' and the who cares about the one's who think negative thoughts. The more you get out there, the easier it is.

If you want to stay inside, do you have stairs? Just go up and down the stairs, might even be better than a walk. Or do a Leslie Sansone (I think that's right...) walking video--they're all available on Youtube.
  • jadejo63
    jadejo63 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys just went for short 20 min walk to shop and back to get rid of my calories I was over by :) x
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    For future, if a 20min walk will negate the calories you're over, you're still eating under maintenance (assuming you have it set to lose even 1/2lb per week) so you could just let it be....
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I vote walk.

So what if they laugh? Are they your friends? If so, perhaps you need better friends. Are they your enemies or those who you dislike? If so, walking or not walking isn't going to change anything in your relationship with them. If you don't know them, why do you care what they think at all?
  • Rhaynestorm
    Rhaynestorm Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I go for walks by myself all the time. I doubt anyone even thinks twice about it. I like to listen to audiobooks on my phone while I walk. :smile:
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Why would people laugh?? ???
    People go for walks or runs or bike rides by themselves all the time?

And the honest to goodness truth is, even if someone DOES pay attention to you for a second, as soon as you're out of sight, believe me, you are out of mind. They do not remember or give you another thought - you're just a slight blip on the radar.

I had to convince myself of that in order to get into the gym. :)
  • ChasingMyBliss
    ChasingMyBliss Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel good.... walk. If you are just a little over, and you don't feel like going - skip it!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    where i live, people walk by themselves all the time. when i go out for my walks, there are lots of other exercisers going for theirs, and that's true in my complex, in the park or just about anywhere.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I always go for walks on my own- when I am at home or on holiday. Why would anyone think you are weird? If you were walking to town to meet a friend you might walk there on your own, wouldn't you? As long as you walk in a safe place I don't see anything strange about it.