I need a helping hand

Options
Hello, I will try not to bore you too much...
I am Dawn, I'm eighteen and live in South Wales, UK. I have had a previous account on here but unfortunately can not remember the log in details. I had a daughter two and half years ago and from the moment I found out I was pregnant, I used it as an excuse to eat whatever food I wanted and whenever I wanted. Being naive I thought the weight would just drop off me after having my daughter but I was very wrong. It has been too long where I have found my weight effecting my happiness and my life, it is time to change but I can not do it without a helping hand.
Does anyone want to support one another?

Replies

• DelightfulGirl
    DelightfulGirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn!

I'm Sara :) I just had a baby 3 months ago and I'm working hard to lose the excess weight too. I gained over 40 pounds during the pregnancy. Now I am only about 6 pounds away from my starting weight but I'm trying to lose a bit more on top of that. MFP has helped me stay on track! We can do this!!! I can totally be there to support you on your journey :)
  • ChangingMe96
    Options
    Thank you! Wow great work on getting back to your starting weight, that sure does motivate me. I'd love to support you also where and when I possible can. Thank you again x
  • Kaylee11133
    Kaylee11133 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and i was at a similar point, despite not having had a baby :grumble: , haha. I started the first of this year as a new years resolution and for once stuck to it, i'm 55 lbs down but still have a lot to go. So, I can't relate to your entire story but i'm on a similar journey. Feel free to add me if you want. Regardless, you can do it!
  • hungryhungryheather809
    Options
    I have always been overweight, but lost a good amount before becoming pregnant with my first child. As soon as I got pregnant, I ate my way back up 80 lbs. I hate that I did that, but it is what it is at this point so now I'm focusing on becoming healthy for me and my kids. :) YOU can do this!