five day slim down

reddcat
reddcat Posts: 314 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
HI everyone! I have been doing the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home: 5 day slim down. Has anyone else done this??? If so, how do you count the miles on MFP??? What is is considered??

I did three miles today, but don't know how to count it. Aerobic?? Walking?? Please advise. Thanks!

Replies

• Kella22
    Kella22 Posts: 18
    The best way to track your walking for MFP is to track it by calories burned. If you do it on a treadmill the treadmill will tell you how many calories you have burned based on your weight/incline/distance/pace. If you are walking outside think about getting a pedometer that counts your calories. I see you walked 3 miles today so if you did that in an hour then type in "Walking 3 MPH" on the exercise log. If you think you went faster then that then pick 3.5 or 4 depending on how long it took you. Hope this helps! I walk as well and have learned that you can burn a lot of calories doing so!
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Thanks! If you enjoy walking...you should try Leslie's walking DVD. The three miles go by soo quickly. Haven't been able to do mile four or five yet....(three year old with limited patience). I really need to get one of those heart rate monitors everyone is talking about.
    Way to go on your weight loss!!!
This discussion has been closed.