Reducing Stretch Marks

Options
I know this question was asked several times but since I lost a lot of weight I have so much all over my body especially my thighs and stomach I really didn't enjoy wearing a swim suit or shorts this summer at all.

Can you please recommend creams,lotions or other products that any of you have used and actually saw a difference? I want to buy but I don't know the best products

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I've tried everything and nothing works. Time will make them fade from red to white. Being tan reduces the appearance of them.

Tons of people have stretch marks. There's nothing to be ashamed of. My stomach and legs are covered with them, but I refuse to let that stop me from wearing shorts or a bikini.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be searching for a while. Some people swear by cocoa butter, others by various oils, others by wraps...

Personally, I'm just going to embrace mine. They're part of who I am.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I've tried everything and nothing works. Time will make them fade from red to white. Being tan reduces the appearance of them.

Tons of people have stretch marks. There's nothing to be ashamed of. My stomach and legs are covered with them, but I refuse to let that stop me from wearing shorts or a bikini.

^^This. I'm so, so pale and thin skinned, so they are very visible, and wrinkly looking (especially the belly ones--4 kids here). Honestly, though, *I* notice them far more than anyone else does.

Peek at my album and look at usmcmp's profile pic--I dare you to find the stretch marks. See? Nobody really notices other people's stretch marks. I can guarantee we couldn't see yours, either.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    nothing but surgery works... but I agree with the others... It´s nothing bad, even skinny people do have them. My entire body is covered and nobody but me notices it... I recently found some which eben I didn´t noticed :laugh:

I´m not sure if I want to take all the risks and pain of surgery for something almost everybody has.... I treated myself like crap. I undestand that my skin couldn´t take it anymore.
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    A stretch mark is where the skin has broken down. It's a scar. Lotions might help it to fade a bit, but it wont take it away.

Cocoa butter or Vit E. oil are about as good as any to fade them. Lazer surgery is about all you can do to get rid of them.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    that's exactly my experience. cocoa butter and oils can work to a degree if you use them on your skin consistently before you get the stretch marks. afterward it's time that makes them fade.

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    You can't. They are here to stay, sorry.
  • cecidai
    cecidai Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll try to help. I had a pretty bad scars on my wrists from the chicken pox. I had them all through high school. They kind of look like stretch marks in that they were red then turned white (so essentially scar tissue). Once college hit, I went to thailand, and they gave me a regimen to follow. Now my scars are almost all gone. Hopefully it'll work for you!

1. always wear sunscreen and try not to expose the area to sun too much.
    2. use papaya soap (it's a natural exfoliant)
    3. clinique's even better skin tone corrector
    4. shiseido white lucent total brightening serum

also, i don't work for any of these companies lol xD
  • louiseday14
    louiseday14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks from giving birth. Giving birth is blessing from God, therefore why should I try to look like a person who has not had this experience. Honestly I think they look cool on my honey toned skin.

People get tattoo to send a message or distinguish themselves from others. These marks together with a caesarean scar tell the story of two healthy births, they are badges of honor for which I am thankful. I know cougars don't have stripes, but this one does (smile).
  • AnnaChanges
    AnnaChanges Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'll try to help. I had a pretty bad scars on my wrists from the chicken pox. I had them all through high school. They kind of look like stretch marks in that they were red then turned white (so essentially scar tissue). Once college hit, I went to thailand, and they gave me a regimen to follow. Now my scars are almost all gone. Hopefully it'll work for you!

1. always wear sunscreen and try not to expose the area to sun too much.
    2. use papaya soap (it's a natural exfoliant)
    3. clinique's even better skin tone corrector
    4. shiseido white lucent total brightening serum

also, i don't work for any of these companies lol xD

thanks for taking the time to help. I have never heard of papaya soap but when I googled it i read many reviews about its efficiency in decreasing stretch marks. I know they won't go away completely but even a little reduction is good.

Mine are really visible I had many people asking me about them this summer which made me even more self conscious.

I know almost all women have them I just want to reduce their appearance. As some of you mentioned I will also get them later during pregnancy and I am still 24 years old so I guess I am hoping to reduce what I have now.
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think creams only help when youre gaining. Like during pregnancy. It helps prevent stretch marks. Once you have them tho, they are there for life. Unless you get surgery.