Protein Bars

Options
leahraskie
leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
I was wondering what the best protein per calorie ratio protein bars are right now. Preferably 10grams per 100 calories minimum.

The one I'm eating right now is like pure chalk with some cocoa powder in it.

Replies

• jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have found Quest Bars to be the best. A bit pricey but yummy delicious, lots of fiber and plenty of protein.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have found Quest Bars to be the best. A bit pricey but yummy delicious, lots of fiber and plenty of protein.

+1
    Stef.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love Think Thin protein bars. They're 230-250 cals, but 20g of protein if you get the high protein ones. And they're delicious, and you can get them cheaper than Quest bars at Walmart and Target
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    quest are usually around 21g for 180-220 calories
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Quest Bar is like 180 with 20 grams, so pretty average. Anything over 200 calories with only 20 grams of protein isn't a good protein bar....

The one I'm eating is Pure Protein, bought it on a whim at quicktrip after walking - 180 for 21 grams. Wouldn't suggest it btw lol.
  • DFasso23
    DFasso23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars easy and I really don't think it's close. The others have a ton of sugar and/or to many carbs. Quest bars typically have a pretty even carb to protein ratio. Around 20g's each. My favorite is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough---It's highly addictive lol Be careful not to overdo it on them.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein bars....peanut butter is my fave.
  • hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars are magical!
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options

:barf:

In all seriousness, I have tried 4 flavors and can't stomach them. If you decide you want to try them, contact quest through their e-chat and they will send you 2 bars to try for free. I highly suggest you do this as the texture of the quest bars are nothing like anything I've ever eaten before: cakey and chewy and thick and just not fun to eat.

I used to eat Luna bars (protein line has 12g protein for 180-190 calories; their regular nutrition line has ~9g protein in 170-190 calories and they have DECADENT flavors) and Cliff bars (protein line has 20g for 260-280 calories; regular line has 10-12g protein for 240-250 calories and has amazing flavors as well) more as a meal replacement than a protein bar.
  • lqichick
    lqichick Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Quest. But I did hate the Triple Berry. Get your free samples to start.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I like the Luna protein bars and Clif. The regular size Clif bar is more of a meal replacement for me (it's a bit high in calories compared to my usual snacks). However, they also have a "snack size" bar with about 10g protein for just a bit over 100 calories.