Daughter says wow

Options
So My Hubby and I hiked the other day-ANd My baby took a pic of me. I was so proud cause I felt like I looked good. It has been 18 pounds down 54 more to go. ANd she calls me to tell me how fat I am. Wow-really threw me. But I am attempting not to let it bother me. I have enough stress today as it is.

Replies

• BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Your daughter is a B***H.

Sorry, it had to be said. Even if I thought my mother looked fat I would never say it like that. I would tell her to change her outfit or that something wasn't flattering, but no non-insensitive person says that to another.

She is most likely jealous that you have actually quit talking and started doing something about your weight and she has not.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    How sharper than a serpent's tooth...
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    How old is this child? Old enough to know better?
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    How old is your daughter? The only reason I ask is because my reaction would be different if she was younger versus if she was older
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    How sharper than a serpent's tooth...

Perfect quote
  • atreides42
    atreides42 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Is she young enough to spank her for being so disrespectful?
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That's awful....what a spiteful comment for anyone to make, let alone your daughter.

I know that you are trying to let it pass and I'm all for keeping the peace in family (probably too much for my own good at times) but seeing that this has cut you deeply do you think you should stay silent?? I only ask because this type of comment could fester and cloud every time you are together.

You have had such wonderful success so far, may be she is a little jealous, especially if she has her own weight battles.

Whatever you decide, I do wish you well and from one Mum to another I am sorry your daughter has hurt you. :flowerforyou:
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Even if your daughter is the spitting image of Gisele she shouldn't talk to her mother that way. Nobody is perfect and she should show you more respect. If she says it again tell her at least you can lose weight, she can't take back treating you like crap.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Or old enough to kick out?
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options

Nobody's too old to earn a smack from mom.
  • karenMcMillan0712
    karenMcMillan0712 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ok I dont think she said it to be mean-She lives 2000 miles away. ANd she had not seen me in almost 2 years. And was shocked at how much weight I put on. She told her boyfriend that is not my mother. Just did not relize I did not share with her that I had gained so much weight. So Yea she was rude but I do not think it was intentional .