Terrified, But Here Goes...

Options
MelonJMusic
MelonJMusic Posts: 121 Member
*Not an extreme weight loss, so please don't be disappointed. I only had 53 lbs total to lose.*

So, I never understood why people were so scared to post their progress pics up here...until this very second. My heart is pounding as I type this and I don't know why. I supposed because it's super personal to put your "unfit" self up for display (even if you don't look like that anymore).

Well, here are my pics. I'm exactly half-way there today and I made a commitment to post of Before and During photos up for your critique.

How I lost the weight so far: MFP calorie tracking, 30 Day Squat Challenge, continuing squats with small weights, abs and arms challenges, carrying around my fat baby (lol), and most importantly...DDR. Yes, that's right, my cardio is done with Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2. LOL. Whatever keeps you motivated, right? LOL. Pics below:

SW: 178lbs (April 1, 2014)
CW: 151.6 (July 24, 2014)

*Edited to Resize Pic*

565e4f1a-0b7b-4d01-8848-abd4be8b87e6.jpg

Replies

• amandagorder
    amandagorder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is amazing you rock ! :flowerforyou:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Yay! You look absolutely fantastic...and I think this is every bit as impressive and cool as someone who lost 246 lb or whatever...it's a huge accomplishment. Well done!
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Awesome! And that is pretty extreme since my goal was 20lbs and my wish was 30! You look great! Inspiration ( once I have this kid and get back to reality)
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Congrats!
  • CarriesCalories
    CarriesCalories Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic, you have motivated me with your pics :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!!! Whatever works for you, and gets you where you want to be. Keep rockin' it!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Wow, you rock that body girl. You should be so proud of yourself.
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look awesome!
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Great job! and I don't mean this in a creepy way but those squats did you good! Amazing!
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    That's awesome progress in just 3 months! Very nice work.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    No achievement on here is too small. 10lb or 100lb, its still amazing.
    Well done, you look great.
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress! I love 'durings' just as much as 'afters', cause it reminds me that even though you might not be at your goal yet, things are changing for the better and every single day... every single workout can be viewed as progress, and most importantly -VICTORY!

Keep up the hard work, and thank you for overcoming your fear of posting your pictures, they are a huge source of inspiration for me and countless others. :)
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • melindabrock
    melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and you can really see a difference!! thanks for posting :)
  • MelonJMusic
    MelonJMusic Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I knew you would all be supportive and make me feel good, but I seriously did not expect to cry. Haha, thanks all! :smile:
  • TRose623
    TRose623 Posts: 1
    Options
    How could anyone be disappointed?!You look amazing! Keep going girl!
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Wow AWESOME transformations happenin . You know I would love to post them up but I just don't have any and wish I did. I could really use my old me to remind myself how far I had come. But since no photo I rely on my good old fashion memory . My jeans would be so tight BEFORE it was time to go out to eat. EEK thats when I knew a change was coming whether I wanted it or not. I am going off topic a bit but bare with me please..I can understand how there woman who have all these ranges of different sizes of clothes they hang on too-for what? I have several yes but they range from xs-m and only a few larges very few and they consist of a hoodie , yoga pants that I wish was Medium and 2 tops thats it. The rest are small. I think this would be a good forum topic. Good for getting those photos done. :)
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    That's just incredible. You're doing a great job. You might try a little trick of fitness models. It will help your posture and make you look slimmer while you slim down more. Hold your stomach in and butt a bit forward. That will give you a slimming look. I did that for a magazine layout for a client. Also, holding your stomach in while you exercise will help you lose your stomach area fat and get definition when you are low enough in body fat.

You're doing just great. Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!