What do you eat with your "earned calories"?

Options
Just wondering what everyone eats with thier extra calories? I do not eat back the calories every day, but i have noticed if i am hungry for a snack, or wanted something sweet or salthy throughout the day and i didnt eat it originally as to watch my cals, etc, i will allow myself a snack maybe not on the healthy grocery list! I think it is okay for now, i am endulging in something small that way i do not feel like i am depriving myself :smile: Hopefully this will work!!

What do you eat with your 'extras'?

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. :) Well, unless I'm actually really hungry and need something more filling. Then I'll have some leftovers from the fridge -- we always have some good, healthy stuff in there.
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    More meat usually, or avocado. But all I want these days is meat!!
  • paulagabay
    Options
    fruit like an big apple.
  • ErinJ1981
    Options
    Cheese and crackers, yogurt, ricecake with peanut butter
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    i had yogurt covered pretzles tonight and they were delish! I didnt eat them just because i COULD...but i wanted a snack, and checked what i had left, and i knew i could. Its funny how much in only one week, my mindfullness of food has changed! SO thankful for this website, funny how something so simple can start a change in you! :)
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    rice cake w/ PB and rasins on top, or veggies w/ hummus or dipped in Lt. Ranch dressing. or a cpl Ry Krisps.
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    Well I have my menu public"for friends' I am not going to lie. I am a stay at home mom of 4 boys and we have a business......Things can get very stressful like today was the Monday from hell for me. My earned calories I will have a couple of Red beers(Budlight w/clamato juice). Not only does it help me unwind but it allows me to sleep like a baby. I know beer might be empty calories but those are empty calories I earned lol. I like Yoplait Lemon Torte desserts things and they are 100 calories.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    chocolate....or i plan a higher calorie dinner. my hubby loves cream sauce...so we have dishes with cream sauce on big work out days
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Chocolate! But I eat those Fudge Petites that come in the 100 cal pack.

I did have a chocolate chip cookie today, though. I couldn't say no to my friend, and it was only one lol.
  • Sheilamj
    Options
    1. Drink more water.
    if i've had enough water and still want a snack - tble spoon of Blue Menu Almond butter (salty sweet).
    :)
    Good Luck!
  • Fgillies
    Options
    Chocolate! But I eat those Fudge Petites that come in the 100 cal pack.

I did have a chocolate chip cookie today, though. I couldn't say no to my friend, and it was only one lol.

Chocolate is def. a favorite of mine, and fresh, homemade chocolate chip cookies are delish!! :)
  • smilestb99
    Options
    Well if it's late, I usually won't eat anything. This weekend since I stayed up late however and I've been doing really well, I had two glasses of wine one night and a gluten free beer the next. ;-)

I had Orville's naturals lime and salt 190 cal mini bag of popcorn tonight. I will usually have a snack like that or an apple- something with fiber.
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is 5 reduced fat ritz crackers with a tablespoon of low fat cream cheese drizzled with roasted raspberry chipotle sauce from Costco... YUMMY! It's a little bit of sweet and a little bit of salty... Most days though, I just stop while I'm ahead. I also try really hard not to eat ANYTHING within 4 hours of going to bed... It seems like my body can't burn it off if I snack before bedtime.
  • elpete
    elpete Posts: 12
    Options
    babies
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You eat babies? That's freakishly wrong...:noway:
  • Fgillies
    Options
    babies
    .....always an option....ha.? babies, of the ruth kind right.....as in..baby ruth! :glasses:
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'll have a little bowl of ice-cream if it's really hot weather like I'm having right now. Otherwise something I can snack on like cream cheese and crackers. Yum!
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    chips and salsa
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    on weekends i'll stay late at the gym so i can continue to party with a few beers alongside my other friends without ruining my diet :)
    This website has really opened my eyes to the fact that being healthy doesn't mean never having food that you like or never going out and drinking a little. I love going to the gym now....
  • laurensmomma09
    laurensmomma09 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    well im just starting out, but tonight i had a coffee with milk and an hour later i had a bowl of smart food popcorn!