Is this possible for someone this young?

Options
hey! so im 14 and i currently started MFP at 194 pounds , now i am at 189 pounds. would it be possible for someone my age weigh 130 by september/october 2011? also, i fit into pants sizes 9-13 right now. if i were to go down to 130 would i fit into a 0? my goal is to fit into a 0 ! so i dont care about the number(weight) just as long as im in a 0 or a 1..

Replies

• LosingTheInches
    Options
    depends on your height and bone structure etc etc
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Hi. Is 0 or 1 somewhere you should be? How tall are you? I'm only asking the question because some people can pull off a size 0 or 1 and look great, but for most people that is really, really tiny. You can lose weight, but you need to do it in a healthy way. The slower you lose it, the longer it actually stays off. Good luck!
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    There's a chance you may never be a 0 or a 1. Your body may not let you. My best friend was about 110 pounds and 5'7 when she was 15, and she never got smaller than a size 6. Remember that curves are beautiful and being healthy is powerful. :)
  • kyliedurnan
    kyliedurnan Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i am about 5'4 or 5'5.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It's not about the size jeans we can fit into. It's about what's healthy for our bodies. Work on getting good solid exercise and eat an appropriate amount of good healthy food and you will get to what is a healthy weight for you. On that note, your body will do it in its own sweet time, just stick to the plan and it will happen. At your age you should probably discuss your caloric needs with a doctor to account for the fact that you're still growing. Don't focus on the numbers. Good luck :)
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far! But please learn from my experience. I lost weight too fast - and ended up losing HAIR too!!! It was horrifying - whole hanks of hair would come out in the brush and the shower and although some of it's come back it still isn't as thick and soft as it was before. So be careful. Focus on proper nutrition and exercise and stay healthy. That's so much more important than fitting into a tiny pair of jeans. Good luck!
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    no matter what anyone tells you, most people in a size 0 are really unhealthy or naturally thin. Most people are realistically in the size 4-10 range depending on their height and frame. I'm personally 5'7'' and I know I will probably only be able to fit into a size 6 or 8 no matter how much weight I lose. some people are not meant to be that tiny, but the media makes young girls think they should be that size in order to be beautiful. You are beautiful no matter what size you wear as long as you're confident, I promise.
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    If you are wanting to lose weight to be healthier then that is wonderful. You said that the number did not matter just as long as you were in a size 0 or 1. What I would suggest is that you don't lose the weight just be a size 0. Your body may not like that size for you. You have to be aware of the fact that your body might do better at a 6 or something. Jean size is not everything. Take care and good luck on your journey just make sure you are doing this for the right reasons.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'4" - 5'5" and am a size 2 at 122. My legs and waist are fabulous at that weight. Unfortunately I have no butt or boobs at that weight but ya can't win 'em all! See, you never know where you might lose that last few pounds. ::sigh::
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    So, you want size 0 or 1. I totally get that. Well, size 0 or 1 in which store? Ross? Are we talking french sizing or American? That being said, now think about what it means to you to be that size, what does a person of that size/stature mean to you? Is it the confidence you are after or the ability to name a goal and achieve it? Believe me, I know the awesome feeling of naming a size and wearing it. It really really sux when you only get to do it once for 3 months and there are no pictures to prove you were that hot once. It sucks a lot more when you have to take 6 years to get back to a healthy weight, but judging from your perspective such wisdom is wasted on you.

My point is this, It is okay for cute clothes to be a small motivating factor, but your reason for losing weight has to be bigger than clothes or a number. For example, my reason for losing weight is my joints hurt when I'm fat, and because I want to have kids one day, so my body has to be really healthy. If i didn't have these reasons to get slim and a killer maintenance plan, I know I will not stick with it. Simply put, you will find yourself ambling along the oft-traveled path of an eating disorder and low self-esteem, and the worst part is you will not only lose all the weight you have already gotten rid of, you will mess up your body for later. For example, I know someone who subsisted mainly on candy. She was super thin and cute, but her uterus ruptured with her 3rd pregnancy. Insufficient protein, in addition to some other factors. Fact is, you don't know all what's going on with your body, but the best thing you can do and have control over is making sure your properly motivated.

End of lecture.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    I better add, such wisdom was wasted on me at your age, so please don't be offended.
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    At such a young age its really sad to hear you "WANT" to be a size 0. a 0 isn't anything to look at and like stated B4, most girls who are 0's are un-healthy. Its about being healthy and FIT, not skinny.
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    it isn't about the size of your jeans, but how they look and feel on you. I know with my body structure I could never be less than a size 8 and look...or rather.... be healthy.

I'd focus on how your clothes fit and look rather than what the number on the tag is.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    If you approach losing weight in a healthy manner, getting exercise and probably toning a little bit, you'll be able to lose as much weight as you need in order to be your healthiest by October of this year.

Not to sound like a broken record, but don't focus on the numbers so much. Just make sure that you're losing weight in a healthy manner, and not starving yourself or something—130 lbs shouldn't be an impossible goal for you, even in nine months, I think. But don't stress on it too much.
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i was a size 0 when i was 13 or 14.. but keep in mind that i weighed about 100 pounds. I didn't break 100 pounds until I was 15! I was so skinny and the doctors kept yelling at me to gain weight. I didn't have an eating disorder or anything, just a fast metabolism. I wish I still had that metabolism, but I'm much healthier now. When I look back at pictures from high school I cannot believe how unhealthy I looked! Trust me, you do NOT want to be a size 0!
  • IreneAdler
    Options
    I think it needs to be said again--if you are planning on losing that much weight, you need to speak with a nutritionist and/or physician about what is appropriate for your age, height and future growth. Otherwise, you may wreak havoc with your health and metabolism. Have an expert assess you and tell you what a healthy size/weight it. Then, go for it! You've already made a lot of progress.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I used to wear a size 0, when I weighed 103lbs.

I look back on those photos and realize that I looked like an unhealthy alien.

My goal is to be 130 lbs, regardless of the jean size, because it is in the healthy range for me. I hope your goal is to be in a healthy range, rather than trying to squeeze into a pair of jeans that will look just as beautiful on you in a size 3, 5, or 7. :)
  • bekkyhughes
    Options
    Point 1. You should not be on MFP, you can only join at the age of 18 for a reason. Dieting at this age can stint your growth and is unhealthy

Point 2. Trust me, men like boobs and butts, which size 0 girls do not have.

Point 3. Walk for half an hour a day, eat 5 portions of fruit and veg and limit yourself to one chocolate bar a week and the weight will fall off. Healthy eating and exercise are the way forward.

Point 4. Join a sports team at school.

Good luck,