Piyo vs Focus T25

Options
Which one should I do first? I have a few lower back issues. Nothing I can't work through..but which one will help me the most. I've lost 20 and I have 20 more to go. Which program will help me reach my goals?

Let me know what ya think
Jamie

Replies

• sstermole
    sstermole Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    PiYo is low impact but still gives a great workout. There is no jumping involved, so might be easier on your back. T25 is a pretty intense workout. I'd say it depends on what you're used to doing, whether or not I'd recommend one over the other.
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I haven't don't Piyo yet, just watched the ads but I did do T25 for a while.

T25 was pretty boring / repetitive for me. Just lots of jumping around and I didn't enjoy it to stick with it. And that's saying something because I love my exercise dvds.

From what I've seen of Piyo there is a lot of core work and flexibility incorporated into it. Incorporating core work and stretching into my routine made a huge difference in improving my bad back. So my 2 cents say Piyo. And I love Chalean and find Shaun a little annoying.
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm doing both. T25 for the cardio, PiYo for the strength and stretching. Loving it!! :smile:
  • jkmercer
    jkmercer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    STDenis89 - How do you fit both of them in? What does your work schedule look like?

unhgoose - What work is your favorite? What have you seen the most benefit from?
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Personally I would go with PiYo first because the flexibility training can go a long way toward relieving some back issues, although I don't mean to presume that I know what yours is of course! Honestly, I love, love, love PiYo. T25 was the first program I completed all the way through and so it does have kind of a special place in my heart haha, but by the end as a previous poster said, I did find it a bit repetitive. I love me some Shaun T but there's just something about Chalene that's really motivating. I think she's great.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love PiYo, but I really recommend the pack with the strength training DVD and slides, it gives more variety and they are really good workouts.
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    STDenis89 - How do you fit both of them in? What does your work schedule look like?

I work 8:30-4:30, home by 5:30, T25 for cardio followed immediately by PiYo for the active strength and stretch - this is done as soon as I get home (or else it wont get done at all), make/eat dinner, clean up, pack breakfast & lunch for tomorrow (for myself and fiancé), go to bed, wake up and start it all over :smile: gotta get that routine going
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Is is only Beachbody Coaches who are saying they love PiYo..........because I see that it doesn't release until next week?
    Since I have only done T25, I highly recommend it..........it is an awesome burn.
  • jkmercer
    jkmercer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!

I think Piyo was released in June. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • achampan
    achampan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You're correct - PiYo was released in June so it has been available for about a month! I've done T25 and am currently doing PiYo (I'm a certified trainer for PiYo LIVE as well) - - I love both. If you're still having back issues I would recommend starting with PiYo - it is high intensity but low impact - - you will still SWEAT and get an amazing workout but you won't feel so exhausted after. There is a modifier you can follow and you will be able to focus on strengthening your core which will in turn help with your back issues! If and when you feel ready for it you could always do both - considered a hybrid workout! I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have :happy:
  • peachzncream85
    peachzncream85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i started focus t25 but was in a car accident that left my back in so much pain i was unable to walk. Because of this i started doing piyo. I've almost completed the Piyo challenge and ive enjoyed both workouts. I think t25 gives more of the cardio burn over piyo but, i have seen a noticeable difference doing both. with piyo ive leaned out a lot while gaining more definition than i did with t25. at this point i am going to look at doing piyo strength with some t25 hybrid schedule and i cant wait!
  • rummyqueen
    rummyqueen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just received my DVDs on Piyo. Starting Monday will be doing it . How do you program this when you are done ?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    rummyqueen wrote: »
    I just received my DVDs on Piyo. Starting Monday will be doing it . How do you program this when you are done ?

This is a really old thread. I'm not sure I understand your question...program what?