crap! What do i do?!

Options
I'm supposed to eat 1,760 calories (net) a day for my weight loss goals.

After logging my diary (including 805 calories earned) and everything today, I've only had 552 net calories.
It's 10:00 PM here, and I normally go to bed within an hour from now.

I weigh in tomorrow morning.

Should I get up to the 1200 net? (eat an entire second dinner) Or let it go?

Replies

• Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    If it is only a one time thing I wouldn't worry about it. Continuing to fall that far short will do more harm than good.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    ehh... let it go
    You dont want to jam yourself full.
    Try harder tomorrow!!!
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    are you hungry? If not, then let it be. but if you are, then eat it! Maybe do a protein shake with peanut butter, banana and chocolate if your protein isn't totalled out?
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You could have some nuts. They pack a punch. If you are not hungry and tired, just go to bed! It all comes out in the wash anyway! Each and every day won't kill you.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I did this the other day - completely by accident, but still, I worried a little. My MFPeeps told me that it's okay if it's only one day. It's not like we need to make a habit of it or anything, but just as some days we eat too much, there are going to be days every once in a while where we don't eat enough. I think one day is okay. I wouldn't go cook another dinner. Of course, if you have a handful of nuts, or some peanut butter, that's a quick and easy way to add some calories without having to go through the cooking process. I think you're okay.
  • Duganhorse
    Options
    Let it go. Stressing about it will only make it worse. As long as it doesnt become a habbit, you should be fine!
  • kag0719
    kag0719 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I run into that too sometimes. I have a calorie intake of 1200 per day and sometimes by 8pm, Iam only at around 900ish and I dont feel hungry. I usually will eat a piece of fruit and that at least add a few extra to the board. I also run into that problem when its one of my work out days. Today I went over by less than 100 but then worked out so I now have like 203 calories left for the day but I am full and tired. Ready for bed!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Look at the week. Are you under/over? I think daily is a goal. Some days higher some days lower. :) Good luck. I don't think you should over eat to make a calorie goal
  • dshea55
    dshea55 Posts: 14
    Options
    First off. Its going to be alright! I typically I do not eat back my work out calories (since it is the deficit from calories eaten and calories burned that makes you lose weight) But one day of not is not going to hurt you. even with it being 552 (ish) net. Just take it as it is. go to bed and get lots of rest and start again tomorrow!!
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    I agree, unless you're hungry let it go, but don't make it a habit. :happy:
  • YayMe17
    YayMe17 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this Q. I am having the same issue today. Don't know how????? I'm gonna have an apple & some peanut butter & call it a day.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    If I were you I'd just let it go :)
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    You could have some nuts. They pack a punch. If you are not hungry and tired, just go to bed! It all comes out in the wash anyway! Each and every day won't kill you.
    If you have pecans or cashews or peanuts handy, a hand full of them will get you some quick easy calories!
  • lesley_1975
    Options
    just let it go, if you eat this late it will ruin the day!
  • ralevin
    ralevin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all of the replies.
    I think I'm going to follow most people's advice and just let it go. One of my worst habits pre-MFP was the 10:30 pm (2-3 serving) bowl of cereal. I'm trying to cut down (if not eliminate) the late night heavy eating, so I think letting it go is a great idea.
    (However, if I had some nuts in the house, I might take a handful of those).