100 miles

Options
serasv
serasv Posts: 56 Member
One of the biggest detriments to my loss, and a big contributor to my weight gain is the fact that my life is pretty sedentary. I'm a stay at home wife. With no kids. And when I decided to make a change, I thought diet was enough. I live in a not so pleasant environment (the desert) so it's practically impossible to do much outside during the day. But I was told no excuses. And I've tried to follow that.

I bought a treadmill. I have 2 dogs. When I want to walk in the day, I do at home on the treadmill. I also like walking at night. I take my dogs, and my husband always joins me (I'm very lucky that he supports me so!). It's still pretty hot outside at 9: 30 pm (sometimes it's still 90F), but no excuses right?

I started off slow. First week I only did 6 miles. I was still happy I went out at all. Week 2, I felt great going out and did 12.7 miles! The next 4 weeks I did at least 17 miles per week.

Well today is an important day. Today I walked my 100th mile. Day 44. I still can't believe how far I've gone. But I know I want to keep going. This journey is taking me places. If you've made it this far, thanks for the read and keep going. Don't be afraid to go that extra quarter of a mile, and as always, "No Excuses."

Replies

• mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I have been walking as my main exercise to lose weight. You have inspired me by your weight loss.
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That's a huuuge success, you have come so far. Not only physically but mentally as well (and I mean mental attitude towards fitness :tongue: ). A big congrats and keep up the great work!:drinker:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :drinker:

I usually do about 30-40 miles a week.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Way to go. You should be proud.
  • serasv
    serasv Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :drinker:

I usually do about 30-40 miles a week.
    That's definitely something to aspire to!

Thank you and everyone else too for your kind comments!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!