Not giving up at the gym?

Options
I almost never have motivation to go to the gym, its almost like it gets boring, what do you do to keep it fresh? (other than switching up the workout/exercises)

Replies

• Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with coffee from Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks. I just get coffee with lowfat cream, so it's not that big of splurge. If I work out more than three days I week, I'm allowed to go. If not, I need to hold off until I get more the following week. It helps me save money too, because I'd be stopping there all of the time, otherwise!*LOL*

Another thing that gets me to the gym is a new pair of sneakers. Now, I'm not a shoe-aholic, but when I get a cool pair of sneakers, it's a great pick me up to see them in the mirror when I'm working out. I usually splurge for a new pair every six months and I alternate which pair I wear. I have four pairs right now. I get them off of eBay because I know my fit and they're cheaper there.

Lastly, I keep my gym clothes in my car, so I never have an excuse NOT to go.

Good luck!

Shannon
  • lattegirl
    Options
    MUSIC! I try and switch up whats on my ipod at least every 2 weeks so that i'm not listening to the same stuff feeling like i'm doing the same workout time after time. I do have a few favourite songs that will sneak on multiple times but I try and keep it fresh and even get new stuff off of itunes that I've never heard before just to keep it somewhat exciting.
    My ipod motivates me more than I know - honestly no ipod = no workout. I'll go home and get the ipod and then workout at the gym closer to home just so that I have my ipod with me.
  • HW2Hottie
    HW2Hottie Posts: 100
    Options
    MUSIC! I try and switch up whats on my ipod at least every 2 weeks so that i'm not listening to the same stuff feeling like i'm doing the same workout time after time. I do have a few favourite songs that will sneak on multiple times but I try and keep it fresh and even get new stuff off of itunes that I've never heard before just to keep it somewhat exciting.
    My ipod motivates me more than I know - honestly no ipod = no workout. I'll go home and get the ipod and then workout at the gym closer to home just so that I have my ipod with me.

Amen to that!!!

I have the free Pandora and it is awesome. Try a new machine and some new music. Take classes. Don't go to the same part of the gym every time either. If you are normally on the right side of the machines, go left. Humans are very visual. He He