Detox Water

Options
I have been seeing stuff all over Facebook about how making Detox Water is supposed to help you lose weight. I am curious to know if it works, before I splurge on all that fresh fruit and herbs. Has anybody tried it? And does it really work?

Replies

• marquishagetaka
    Options
    all over facebook = not good
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Only if it looks tasty. As far as detoxing goes, nope. You have organs for that. Unless you need a drug detox and then water likely won't help either.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I recommend reading the stickied detox/cleanse thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1159755-looking-for-a-detox-cleanse

tl;dr: You might pee more if you weren't drinking as much water before but that's about it.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I let Jasper Daniel detox my water at his place in Lynchburg, TN.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I have been seeing stuff all over Facebook about how making Detox Water is supposed to help you lose weight. I am curious to know if it works, before I splurge on all that fresh fruit and herbs. Has anybody tried it? And does it really work?

Well, as everyone surely knows, Facebook is always on the cutting edge of new and unbiased scientific reporting. Why, just the other day I read on there that if you microwave a cell phone you can charge it's battery 100 times faster than normal. Haha, the things they think of, I tell ya!
  • bms4ags
    bms4ags Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I will be sure to read that thread.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I recommend reading the stickied detox/cleanse thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1159755-looking-for-a-detox-cleanse

tl;dr: You might pee more if you weren't drinking as much water before but that's about it.

That!

It's the kind of thing someone no totally motivated to lose weight will try in hope to lose weight without working for it. Sadly, it doesn't work that way.
    If you are going to buy some fruits, you are better eating them :laugh:
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    You should try the apple diet, sounds like it would be right up your alley.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You should try the apple diet, sounds like it would be right up your alley.

Do they charge up 100x as fast in the microwave as well???