Cutting down sodium intake???

Options
Has anyone tried the no salt alternative??? What were your sentiments???... Trying to cut down on sodium intake....

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,567 Member
    Options
    I just put less on things. It takes a bit to adjust to the taste difference.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Decreasing sodium usually entails eating non-processed foods (cooking at home).
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    i would look for other herbs and spices to add flavor or you will end up with some bland food.
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Keep a consitent sodium in-take and eat plenty of potassium and you will have no issues.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm on max 1500 mg but never go below 500 mg per day. It really helps decrease bloating for me. Basically, I cook at home a lot and control how much salt I add into things. Your taste buds will change and the processed foods that once tasted good to you, will taste too salty afterwards. I've come to appreciate the actual taste of whole foods... which is a wonderful thing!
  • scoleman58
    scoleman58 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Try a all natural salt and I am not talking about the coined phrase "sea salt" Try a pink Himalayan salt. No salt that is white is natural. If it is white it has been bleached. All salt is "sea salt", if your thinking "what about salt mines", guess where those caves were for hundreds/thousands of years...underwater :)

http://www.naturalnews.com/028724_Himalayan_salt_sea.html

"I use Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt because it contains the full spectrum of 84 minerals and trace elements just like Mother Earth intended."
    "table salt is that it's missing over 80 minerals. But they only put ONE mineral back in -- iodine"