I just ate 3500 calories...

Options
2»

Replies

• Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    This happens almost everyone on a diet plan once in a while.

Looking at the math... you overate by 1180. So, in fat pounds, *if* all that turned into fat, 1180/3500 = about 1/3 a pound gain. The scale won't even show that due to daily water weight fluctuations.

Pffft. Nothing to worry about. Just move on and don't make a regular habit of shooting over.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Drink lemon water. It will help remove fat from the liver. Just eat light.
    Highly doubtful, though lemon water is a diuretic.

OP, just carry on with your normal eating plan. You didn't goof at all, you just enjoyed food a bit more for the day! :bigsmile:
  • flowersatlast
    flowersatlast Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness... Originally, I had only overeaten by 700 calories, but by the end of the day, I have now eaten 3500 calories... This was not a binge mode, although I did eat some not so great things, but literally I was so hungry. Can you believe it, 3500 calories. YES, a pound worth of body fat, and yes, I know that I burned some of it off, but I still overate by 1,180 calories. YIKES!
    What would you suggest I do for tomorrow? I was trying to lose .5 lbs within a week and in one day, I blew it. LIKE REALLY BLEW IT.
    Should I just start clean again tomorrow or try to make up for it, etc.?
    Thanks!

Were they yummy calories? I bet they were.

I just had a day like that last week. No big deal. It happened and things like that will happen in life. I didn't do anything special the next day. I just tried to meet my calorie goals and move on.

This response made me so happy.
  • b4tb4t
    b4tb4t Posts: 30
    Options
    Hey, don't worry about it. It happens to most people! I went over 700 the other day (Husband made a stop at Wendys.. haha) and I was really upset about it.. But think of it like you just tripped while walking. Get back up and keep going. :)
  • Transforming_me
    Options
    Definitely relax. One day does not a diet break. I can't make any specific suggestions because I can't see your diary. Did you have a good day yesterday? Do that. I wouldn't do anything extra to make up for the bad day. For myself I find the best philosophy to be to try each day to do-the-right-thing. If I mess up on a certain day - that's just one day. Get up the next day and do-the-right-thing. The thing to focus on is building new habits; building a new way of eating and living. As you progress with that attitude; you'll find these kinds of days happening less and less frequently.

Thanks for all the comments, seriously everyone, thank you! I am proud to say that this was not a binge, but rather just some yummy food that I TOTALLY enjoyed and logged :)
  • Transforming_me
    Options
    You didn't blow anything.

I look at it this way: My goal is set for a 500 calorie deficit. If I go over my goal by 500 calories, I've just delayed reaching my goal weight by 1 day. If I go over by 1000 calories, that's a 2 day delay. I'm ok with that, because I'm not racing anyone, and I'd much rather get there more slowly and with my sanity intact, without guilt or anxiety or beating myself up, and with all the enjoyment that exploring new and delicious foods with my beloved can bring.

1100 calories with a .5 lb goal is basically a 4 day delay. That's all. Carry on like normal and count on reaching your goal weight 4 days later. No biggie.

What a great way to look at it. I am back on track now :)