Is what i'm eating okay? or too little?

Options
I'm not actively trying to eat as few calories as possible per day, but sometimes it ends up that way. For example, here is the past week of calories logged THU: 1204 FRI: 1346 SAT: 1129 SUN: 1276 MON: 1275 TUES:1376 WED:1245 and today, 1120. , am i eating too few calories? I am 18 years old and 231 pounds, I've lost about 15 pounds using this App so far. Also, i usually walk 6 KM per day. burning about ~400 calories , the calories above are not NET calories, my net calories is usually 900-1050 after my walks.

The main problem is that i don't eat breakfast, My goal is about 1500 cal a day, and i leave about 300-500 calories at the end of the day (which was supposed to be breakfast). my main question is, after 2-3 weeks of eating like this, im not going to start to gain weight from losing my metabolism or anything am i? or am i eating enough? i never feel hungry, i usually get up at around 11AM, eat lunch, go for a walk, have a snack, then play video games till dinner. It just worries me that I'm not reaching the 1500 goal.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food?

If not, then you could be eating closer to 1500 calories than you think.
  • callmestewie
    callmestewie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weight any meat that i eat. anything else i usually scan with the barcode scanner.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I believe 1500 is generally regarded as the minimum for a male, so you need to meet that.

That being said, make sure you're logging accurately. When eating packaged food, unless it's individually packed and you eat the whole serving, you need to measure the amount you're eating in ounces or grams to accurately account for your portion, which may be different than the suggested serving size.

Also, how do you even use a barcode for everything but meat? Are you saying everything comes out of a package? Maybe you need to add some fruits and vegetables to your diet!
  • ebheilman
    ebheilman Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'6, female, 185 pounds. I'm cutting and counting macros... and I'm eating 1,900ish calories a day... You need to eat more! Hands down!
  • callmestewie
    callmestewie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fruits & Veggies mostly all have barcodes, only things i do not eat that don't have them are fresh apples, all my meats (which i weigh) and homemade meals with veggies (like stir fry). Im wondering what the minimum calorie intake for me should be, from what i've been reading up on, maybe i should make it around 2,000 a day, and burn around 200-400 of it walking like i usually do.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more, this won't be sustainable for you long term. And if you can't do this long term, chances are very high you will regain anything you lose.

I am 5'7 39 year old female. I weigh 145 pounds and regularly eat between 1800 - 2000 calories per day and lose 1 pound per week.