Need FRIENDS on here!!!

Options
Ok so can someone tell me the trick into finding friends on here. Not necessarily people you may know but finding individuals with some of your goals and lifestyle that you can relate to? I think it would be nice to have some motivation and support especially when someone like myself love to motivate and support others. I love this site but this is the piece I'm missing right now - more motivation and support. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• Eporter727
    Eporter727 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey Nikka! We can all use some friends on here. I'm brand new and know very little but I'm all in favor of supporting each other to succeed at our goals. I already know my best friend on the "outside" is a little defensive about my weight loss efforts so I'll need to look elsewhere.

So how long have you been on and what is your goal? How are you planning to get there? Any tips?
    :wink:
  • joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Introducing yourself is a great start, then just add like crazy! (I'm adding you now) I recommend all of my friends :)
  • NlKKA
    NlKKA Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hello Eporter727! Having a support system is so important b/c we can't be strong all the time. I've been on here for a couple of weeks. I love this site b/c it gives you the opportunity to interact with people and get great tips. I've learned the older I get and begin to change my life for the better sometimes my family and friends don't understand and I've grown apart from many but when you're unable to relate to others and are not getting the support you need you tend to find yourself going back to hold habits. When you're being challenged (motivated) you grow as an individual and as long as it's positive you are going in the right direction.

My goal is to be 140 lbs by my 30th birthday in July - Fit By Thirty!!! I wake up each morning and challenge myself to make better decisions than I did the day before - "Make TODAY a day you'd like to relive TOMORROW". I work out and push myself b/c I have to want this for ME before my family or anyone else. This is about "Getting You Back".
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Always looking for more friends:) Welcome!
  • majikal6
    Options
    Welcome Everyone!!! Always a pleasure to meet new people and make new friends!!

I'm always around for moral support if anyone ever needs me. :)

Cheers!!

<3
  • autumn5gabby
    Options
    I like your additude.Im new here started in Jan. Im doing a fitness challenge in my town and so far down 3 pounds next weigh in Thursday. I will add you to my friends list. We can support each other.
  • NlKKA
    NlKKA Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks autumn5gabby! I look forward to this journey.
  • AnneMK5
    AnneMK5 Posts: 110
    Options
    I want to jump in here too. The more the merrier!? I want to be supportive and want to receive support. I think this site just might be the tool we all have been looking for and finally found.

I'm 37, have 3 teenagers and have been on the eating healthy track for 3 weeks. I'm feeling great mentally and physically. I just haven't started exercising yet. That's my one place I'm stumbling right now. I have been going to OA meetings every Monday and educating myself about compulsive overeating and what sugar does to our brains.

I'm really looking forward to coming to this site daily and logging how I'm doing and seeing how everyone else is doing.