hello hello!

Options
Hiii! my name is Misti with an i. :D
Or you can call me neb....

I'm new here and ready to lose some pounds. I've been ready to lose some weight for some time now, but I never stick to my food and exercise goals. I'm hoping this site will help me stay committed!! Woohoo!

I currently learning to cook and I love trying new recipes. I love food. -_- I hope to find some not-too-difficult, tasty, healthy recipes on here too!

I have never been a fan of counting calories, but I know that is it suppose to work, soooo here goes!!

Replies

• nelliebugs
    Options
    Welcome! :) If you're serious about losing weight, this is the place to be. I was here about 6 months ago but wasn't serious about it, and it didn't help. I just came back a week or two ago and so far am doing awesome. I think it's all about your mindset. If you're ready, it'll happen. Good luck!
  • jlay777
    jlay777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that just being a part of a web site such as this keeps you aware of what you are eating. If all else fails and you have a "bad" eating day, record it. I went off and on on the site for a while, but after reading that no matter what I made some kind of entry weather it was on here on in my food diary at home. I have lost 25 pounds. I'm not saying it's all because of that one thing that I read, but I do have to look at what I eat every day, and it keeps me from eating too much.

Anyways, welcome to the site. Good luck, and remember even if you only record one thing some days, at least you're doing it!
  • caldwe20
    caldwe20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your efforts and good. Luck, Broiling, and grilling fish is a good place to start with steam vegetables as a side or a bake sweet potatoes. Small meals several times a day the way to go. There are several books out on the market and many book stores sell them for less than 10 bucks.
  • VLewis1
    Options
    Hello,

I'm new to this program, my son and daughter -in- law use this service and they seem to enjoy it so I figure I might give this a try as well. I have health issues such as being on oxygen full time, have sleep apnea and was told by the doctors if I lose some weight I might find relief to my health issues. I did participate in an program of light exercise but find it hard trom day to day to make it to the gym so I need to exercise in the home.:smile:
  • nebz
    nebz Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow! Thanks yall! I am surprised that I can replies to simply a Hello-this-is-me post! But I like it already! This site and it's community seems like it is going to be very supportive. Yay! I'm excited! Haha! :D
  • lucasochoa
    Options
    welcome to the club neb.

keep up the good work.

3788863.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools