Abdominal Bloating

Options
Anyone ever experience extreme abdominal bloating? Any suggestions:ohwell: (besides gas producing foods) Lol! I think there's probably more to it than that. I've never felt or looked so bloated in my life! Grrrrr.

Replies

• sammharley1
    sammharley1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes! All the time! Even when Ive worked really hard and eaten all the right foods, I feel bigger than before I lost weight!

I drink peppermint tea all day - it does work for bloating, makes me feel lighter again :)
  • karmafs1
    karmafs1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Try a colonic:smile: not painful and really good results
  • KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Try to find out what's causing you to bloat, track when you're bloated and what you ate that day, see if any patterns form. For me, I found out that I'm lactose intolerant, so if I have too much dairy during the day, I get very bloated and gassy and my stomach hurts.

It might be because you're getting a lot of fiber, if you aren't used to it. It might be something else entirely, but if the problem continues, try consulting your doctor :)

Sometimes it helps to go for a walk, moving around can help you stomach move the air along, haha. Or if your stomach really hurts, laying on your side is sometimes more comfortable.
  • julieharrell1
    julieharrell1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Abdominal bloating can be a sign of celiac disease. Sometimes other symptoms are mild or absent. If it really bothers you, ask your doctor. I had it for 40 years and didn't know it.
  • NadzHoniball
    Options
    I suffer from irritable bowl syndrome, i can eat almost no whole grain products, caffeine, peels of veggies and fruit, bread etc..

The minute i eat these goodies then i bloat almost twice my actual size .. frustrating to suffer from it.

Good luck with the bloating x
  • BekShark
    BekShark Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Got it right now at the moment. Could drinking more water help?
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had been bloated for about three to four days, and I was having a hard time fitting into my jeans. My stomach hurt, it kept making noises, I would get nauseous and hungry, at the same time, the scale said I was gaining when I've been under my count,pain killers we not helping, Beano was not helping, I felt pregnant. I decided that I was probably just stopped up so I picked up some Magnesium Citrate. It is the best thing out there. It completely cleans you out and it's $2-3 a bottle. If the bloating continues you might just want to take that. Just be warned that the bathroom will need to be open for a few hours after you do this.