If I continue losing weight at the same rate ...

Options
... I should reach my personal goal by mid January. And I should be no longer overweight by mid December.
Since mid May I have been loosing about 1Ib per week. As I have been loosing and gaining weight since I was a teenager, I want to get it right this time. I want to do this healthy and slowly, but that is just so slow.
What are your tips and tricks for staying motivated and committed for a long time?

Replies

• Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    This is what I'd like to know cause at the moment I'm losing weight painfully slow. This week I lost 0.3lbs after a really good week and last week 0.5, week before 0.8 and its just not good enough. I have 34lbs to lose and will be lucky to get to target by Xmas 2016 at this rate. I started at 1400cals, then 1300 and now 1200 and still next to nothing. I want to do it healthy too but would like at least 1lb a week off. I just feel like what drastic measures do I have to take to lose weight :(
  • GummyBears7779
    GummyBears7779 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you live in the past you'll never succeed, those who are truly successful have suffered failures.
  • BusyCyclist
    BusyCyclist Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is what I'd like to know cause at the moment I'm losing weight painfully slow. This week I lost 0.3lbs after a really good week and last week 0.5, week before 0.8 and its just not good enough. I have 34lbs to lose and will be lucky to get to target by Xmas 2016 at this rate. I started at 1400cals, then 1300 and now 1200 and still next to nothing. I want to do it healthy too but would like at least 1lb a week off. I just feel like what drastic measures do I have to take to lose weight :(

I wouldn't reduce the cals, but up the exercise. I've done the 30 day shred in June and I'm doing ripped in 30 at the moment. I lose about a pound a week, but I eat about 2000 cals a day!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Losing weight takes time, just as putting on the weight took time.

You're not going to find instant gratification with weight loss like you would ordering something you want online and having it delivered to your door. It just doesn't work that way, unfortunately.

Think about it from a long term perspective. Let's assume you live to be 85 years old. You're 32 years old. That's 53 years of life that you have left. Whether you're thin or fat, you're still going to live them, right? So what if it takes a year or two to get down to the size you want? Does that mean you can't enjoy those 1-2 years because you're not at goal? No. You keep living, you enjoy life, you lose weight in the process. Do the things you love to do, be active, eat the foods you love in moderation, enjoy life and bonus lose weight. Who cares if it takes a while? It's not a race, it's your life.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options

I wouldn't reduce the cals, but up the exercise. I've done the 30 day shred in June and I'm doing ripped in 30 at the moment. I lose about a pound a week, but I eat about 2000 cals a day!
    Thing is I was doing 30 DS with a mux of her Banish fat Boost metabolism and extreme shed and shred but my weight loses were still painfully slow like this and I wasn't feeling slimmer either so I'm giving Slimming World a go this week cause I've heard great things about it and seen people's success I.e friends and family and if this doesn't help then I'm going to the doctors cause I just feel like tgis isn't normal for someone eating 1200cals and I don't want to feel lile I have to go lower. I've already dropped from 1400 :(