what's your favorite high-protein low-calorie breakfast?

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    I love breakfast sandwiches made with French toast and Canadian bacon and egg and cheese with a little sugar free syrup.

Also, breakfast pie: Take a pie crust and break eggs into it, but don't break the yolks. Leave them whole. Sprinkle in cheese and crumbled bacon (or sausage) and whatever veggies you want (onion, pepper, tomato, asparagus, broccoli, etc.) and seasoning (herbs, garlic, etc.) and cover with puff pastry or another crust. Bake until the eggs are set. It's kinda like a quiche but a lot less work.
  • Outwardlycalm
    Outwardlycalm Posts: 75 Member
    Everybody's talking about eating. What are you drinking? Try a full glass of water or better yet 8 oz of grapefruit juice.
  • yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    I think you missed my point, which was simply that sometimes it is OK to be hungry. It's not an instantaneous signal requiring you to go shove food in your face until you aren't hungry any more..... That's how many of us got overweight in the first place.

Being hungry is OK.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Pork rinds and cheese wrapped in bacon
  • Evybean
    Evybean Posts: 26 Member
    I don't cook, so the easier the better. 1 scoop of body fortress protein whey powder, eliminates the hunger. Pure protein bars can do the same. These can be meal replacements or good snacks to tide you over. I also like steamed in the bag long green beans and then I add a few cranberries to the bowl. When I get hungry during the day, a bag of edamame are great! I eat them like popcorn with 18g of protein.
  • my_2_cents
    my_2_cents Posts: 109 Member
    I think you missed my point, which was simply that sometimes it is OK to be hungry. It's not an instantaneous signal requiring you to go shove food in your face until you aren't hungry any more..... That's how many of us got overweight in the first place.

Being hungry is OK.

Maybe I misread it. Hungry is ok, good to eat before you're too hungry, but you're correct, hungry is not an emergency.

I don't think we have to be hungry to lose weight though.
  • elsiesnow
    elsiesnow Posts: 33 Member
    This sounds great, thank you for the link. I've got something new to try now.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    My favorite is bacon and eggs. Though you could look into cooked chicken breast as a filling protein.
  • upasanaD
    upasanaD Posts: 56
    Whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a glass of milk is my favorite.

Mine is exactly same. No time for other experiments on weekdays. But on weekends i prefer whole wheat toast with cheese slice, Omelet and milk
  • PaliDNAnge
    PaliDNAnge Posts: 81 Member
    Try Icelandic yogurt. It has more protein per ounce than Greek yogurt. The only two brands I'm aware of are Siggi's (15g/5.3oz; 80cal for plain) and Smari (20g/6oz; 100cal for plain). I've found Siggi's at Whole Foods and Target. Smari is only available at Whole Foods. With some berries and granola, you've got 18-24g of protein at less than 350 calories.

If you want meat, maybe Canadian bacon or smoked salmon.
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    50g Muesli, 5g flax seeds, 5g chia seed, 5g sunflower seed, 100ml milk, 100g chobani greek yogurt, 100g frozen berries. I throw it all in a pot and sisal it over night. Eat it before work andIm full fire ages. Sometimes I take it with me and eat it later on. Like a mini IF. 438 calories 23g protein. Chobani is very high on protein but you could add some protein powder and normal yogurt.
    Rarely get hungry after that. But I usually have a milky coffee late am.
  • zozotxiki
    zozotxiki Posts: 11
    High protein pancakes made with almond meal and eggs, topped with cheese, mixed meats and sautéed veggies
    omnomnom...
  • hbgirl85
    hbgirl85 Posts: 26
    Egg white omelette (1 cup of egg whites) with mushrooms, onions, spinach and cheese. I might have a slice of whole wheat toast and jelly with it. This breakfast holds me for at least 4 hours.
  • OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Two slices of bacon fried/grilled with some mushrooms, teamed with salad, a cup of tea, a large glass of water. It's weird getting used to lettuce and the like in the morning but I always feel fresh and healthy when I remember to do it! For an extra protein/calorie boost consider some grated cheese along with it.

If you can uncouple yourself from traditional breakfast foods, a pan-seared chicken breast is a good choice as well.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    3 scrambled eggs in a pepper that has been cut down the middle to form two "boats" with avacado slices on top accompanied by brown wholegrain bread.
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    3 Large organic eggs, 2 slices Trader Joe's uncured applewood smoked bacon, 10 spinach leaf omelette with a 1/2 cup side of 4% Milkfat cottage cheese.

393 calories, 11g carbs, 34g fat, 44g protein

I eat it at 5:30 and it lasts me till 10:00 when I eat a snack.

This is the first week I'm trying out Tim Ferriss' slow carb diet. It seems to be working well enough so far.
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Honestly a scoop of protein powder blended with water, frozen blueberries, ice + cinnamon , keeps me full until lunch xD for about 120 calories and 24g of protein :3
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Most mornings I either have:
    Bacon or black pudding and scrambled eggs; or
    Cooked ham with mayonnaise; or
    Boiled eggs with mayonnaise

All of which keep me going until after my walk or gym visit before lunch.
  • thenolanz
    thenolanz Posts: 43 Member
    I've added a turkey burger on a sandwich thin to my breakfast rotation.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    3 scrambled eggs in a pepper that has been cut down the middle to form two "boats" with avacado slices on top accompanied by brown wholegrain bread.

That sounds really good. What kind of pepper do you use? Do you cook it at all, or is raw? I have bells, jalapeno, cayenne and chili peppers in the garden. The bells are the only ones big enough to hold many eggs.