Stress

Options
I am really sad today. I was very stressed and could not keep my diet and exercise. Everytime I am overstressed, I can not avoid this. My plans are all ruined. But I do not want to give up. Any tips on how to go on when stressed?

Replies

• missyj1977
    Options
    I find that when I am stressed working out helps me to relieve that stress! I use the Wii to exercise and my favorite thing to do on there that helps is boxing. If its my kids that are stressing me at the time I make them all get a book and sit and read while I am working out. After my workout everything is back to normal! Good Luck!! :)
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    I've been finding whenever I'm stressed out/angry or whatever....it usually makes me want to exercise/clean more. Or at least keep a journal or find someone to talk to. Anything to keep your mind occupied off of what is bothering you!
  • ktren
    ktren Posts: 6
    Options
    Maybe some deep breathing for starters :) I understand how hard it can be, but it will pass if you let it. Excercise really does work, even if you can get yourself out for a walk and get some fresh air. Yoga is also truly an amazing way to calm down and re-center. Exercise can cause release of endorphins into your blood stream. These give you a feeling of happiness and positively affect your overall sense of well-being.
  • Meg2528
    Options
    I am a huge emotional eater, so I am really tryin to learn not to eat when I am stressed & or mad. The best thing that is working for me is to stop and think before I eat something bad. I call it my "5 minute rule". There was a time last week when I was really upset & went for the snacks. I just gave myself five minutes to think about it, think about my goal & how reaching for the snack would tear that up. After the 5 minutes I talked myself out of it. For me with emotional eating is I never stopped and thought about what I was doing or why I was doing it. -- Good Luck
  • HeatherG1977
    Options
    Emotional eating is difficult to overcome, but it can be done! What helps for me is I took a picture of myself and if I think about eating snacks or something unhealty I take that out. I also wrote down reasons why I want to lose weight for motivation and that works for me to. I keep it in my wallet and anytime I'm thinking about cheating I do that. I did this for quitting smoking and it worked really well!! Hope this helps :)