protein bars/cookies

Options
are my protein any good?

or any cheap good bars out there?

Replies

• monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hold on, let me read your mind........ No, it's not.
  • emz247
    emz247 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like PhD whey protein, i use their diet whey bars and powder for shakes. The bars are great and come in 3 flavours, the choc orange is my own fav but my hubby prefers the choc cookie flavoured bar.

The cookies themselves can be a bit high in fat so watch out for that. Unfortunately all protein products are kind of pricey but if you shop around on line you can get a good deal. Im in the UK so use a website called Dolphin Fitness which is very reasonable. Tesco have the bars on offer just now for 1.71 each so you can try before you order in bulk from elsewhere. There's also some great stores on ebay where you can buy in bulk and save quite a bit of money. Most tend to through in freebies/gifts with your purchase such as a protein flapjack or shakers with the powder.
  • stephwedge
    stephwedge Posts: 17
    Options

thanks for the reply. really helpful...........
  • stephwedge
    stephwedge Posts: 17
    Options
    I like PhD whey protein, i use their diet whey bars and powder for shakes. The bars are great and come in 3 flavours, the choc orange is my own fav but my hubby prefers the choc cookie flavoured bar.

The cookies themselves can be a bit high in fat so watch out for that. Unfortunately all protein products are kind of pricey but if you shop around on line you can get a good deal. Im in the UK so use a website called Dolphin Fitness which is very reasonable. Tesco have the bars on offer just now for 1.71 each so you can try before you order in bulk from elsewhere. There's also some great stores on ebay where you can buy in bulk and save quite a bit of money. Most tend to through in freebies/gifts with your purchase such as a protein flapjack or shakers with the powder.

great thanks so much for the useful reply! just been looking everywhere for a good protein bar for a reasonable price. ill look at your suggestions tho so thanks very much. Might have to take a trip to whole foods
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like the Powerbar 30% chocolate flavour. They actually taste like a treat rather than a punishment! I tried the Maximuscle bars too but they had the weirdest aftertaste which meant I never finished the whole bar. I also tried the Bounce protein balls and although the coconut one was nice the peanut one was a bit disgusting (to me, not sweet enough!). I also use chocolate protein powder (just the Holland and Barret one) and it's OK. Actually it's quite nice with 100mls of milk 100mls of water and about 6 ice cubes all blended together, a bit like milk shake :-)
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    are my protein any good?

or any cheap good bars out there?

MyProtein sucks.

Full of stevia, tastes like utter crap.

Expensive whey = nice.
    Cheap whey = nasty.

Grab yourself some ON 100%.
  • monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options

thanks for the reply. really helpful...........

Awww... are my answer not good enough?